27 September 2013

Five on Friday - It's Officially Fall, Y'all!




Via someecards

PUMPKIN

Anything and everything pumpkin, please! 

Pumpkin Spice Lattes, pumpkin candles, pumpkin cooking - and did you know that you can buy pumpkin spice marshmallows??!! How did I not know about this until today?? I'm telling you, if I could find a shampoo in pumpkin I would buy it ALL. 

My favorite treat on Friday morning is to swing through Starbucks after dropping her highness off at day care. I mosey in, get my coffee, sit and relax for a few minutes and just watch the world go by. In a weird way, it's very relaxing for me and puts me in a great mood for the weekend. 


College Football

Via someecards
If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest  than you know of my deep love and passion for University of Tennessee football. It's in my blood, y'all. 

No, seriously.

I was born in Nashville and lived in Tennessee until around the age of 7. My grandparents house was painted orange with white trim. They had an orange and white checkerboard mailbox. My grandmother drove a white Nissan Maxima with orange stripe details, and they had a camper named 'Smokey' which they drove to Knoxville for all home games, as they had season tickets. To say I'm a huge UT fan would be an understatement.
Right before football season started this year, I found an awesome monogram boutique on Etsy called Embelish Boutique. I had been looking for a unique car decal and fell in love with their monogram state decals. You basically click the state of your choice and they put your monogram over it. It was perfect and exactly "me". I clicked 'purchase' immediately and within 3 days I had my decal. I'm pretty certain it's unique in Colorado. ;-)


Candles

In my humble opinion, there is nothing better on a fall night than opening the window to let the cool fall air in, pouring a glass of wine, turning off the lights and lighting some candles. 

Absolute. Perfection.

Bath & Body Works has their pumpkin and fall candle collection out and it is decadent, heavenly, and will make you feel a love and longing for home that you just don't get during the warmer, summer months. If you haven't introduced your nose to these scents, do so immediately! Divine.


Corn Mazes & Pumpkin Farms
This is a must-do for me and our family every year. Hayrides, pumpkin carving, corn mazes, petting zoos - you name it, I want to do it. The pumpkin farm we went to in Virginia had a great gift shop attached to the pumpkin farm so you could buy homemade apple butter, pies, jellies, etc. I'm hoping to find a great pumpkin farm here in Colorado.

Family

Overall for me, the beginning of fall means two things - family and the start of the holiday season. And really, what could possibly be better than that?

I can't wait to dive into it all; Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. During this time of harvest, I plan to reflect on my life and give thanks for all my many, many blessings. 

I am so blessed to have so much; a beautiful family, friends, health, and all my needs met. May we all take time over the next few months to look over our lives and give thanks for all we have and reflect on what is truly important in this life. 

Have a wonderful weekend!
Courtney
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I think Philosophy has a pumpkin shampoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get out! I had no idea. Guess where my next stop on the Internet will be! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I will be checking out that decal shop for sure!! That's just so fun!! Check out Macaroni Kid (I think there's one near you) they have great lists of pumpkin patches and all sorts of family friendly fall activities! We're headed to a pumpkin patch in Parker tomorrow that I found through that site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for the lead, Jenny. I'll check it out. Have a great weekend!

      Delete