09 October 2013

My Life Lately According to Pinterest

First, a huge 'Thank You' to those of you who sent emails, text messages, made phone calls, or just checked in on us last week after my post about Michael's job. It was truly appreciated more than you will ever know. Thank you.

Since last week, my life has pretty much been this...
It's safe to say that we're in the "All at once" category. After we found out that Michael lost his job, Maddy and I came down with flu-like symptoms that put the both of us out of commission for a few days. Somehow, Michael managed to escape this round of sickness. Totally not fair. I plan on sneezing on his pillow later tonight to share the love.

So for the most part, this has been my mentality lately to make it through this rough patch...
I'm not what you would call a "Fly by the seat of my pants" type of gal when it comes to the priorities of life; jobs, parenting, etc. I pretty much need routine and especially need the comfort of knowing that our family can be taken care of. Since last week, that has been shot all to hell...and I can tell it's taking its toll on me; my patience is at an all-time low with everyone and everything, the stress dial is turned up to the max with no relief in sight, and my once peaceful and organized brain feels like mush as it is now consumed with worry, fear, and doubt. Especially worry. Ok - lots of worry. 

I try to not let it consume me, I really do. I try to stay busy with Maddy, work, chores, activities, blah blah blah. I know it's not good to worry about things outside of my control. I guess I could beat myself up about it, but in my opinion, this feeling of worry seems like a perfectly normal reaction for anyone in our situation. Having said this, I am trying so very hard to not be a full-time worry wort. I know it doesn't help things and it definitely doesn't get me anywhere positive.  
So instead of worry, I get on my knees and pray. I've begged and pleaded to Jesus more lately for things than a five year old does on Christmas Eve. I ask for answers. I ask for enlightenment. I ask for peace. I ask that our family be provided for. I know He hears me. I do...I just prefer instant results instead of playing the waiting game. I have to remind myself that prayer isn't like going through a Drive-thru; you don't place your order then drive around to pick it up. All our blessings are on His time, not ours so I try to remember this message He whispers in my ear...
And at the end of the day, and even with all my worries, cares, and concerns, I know that I'm still far blessed more than I deserve. Financially, we may be challenged but we are rich where it matters; family, health, love, the ability to pull through this tough time together, and so much more.
So friends, I ask for your patience with me at this time. The blog posts may be few and far between (I feel the need to focus on other, more important things at this time) but I'm doing my best, I promise. I can't lie to you and say that I'm doing my best at all hours of the day (because I'm not) but I'm hanging in there and I know our family will come out on the other side so much better off and blessed. 

Take care, friends. XO.
Courtney
©2013 Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
All pictures found on Pinterest.com

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. In my ever so humble opinion your blog is about you but also for you. Blog when it feels right and don't worry about how often your posts are! You've got a lot on your plate any given day worry about the big stuff! Hang in there and I hope you catch a break soon :)

    ReplyDelete