01 November 2013

5 on Friday - Family First

I'm happy to be linking up with the beautiful ladies from 5 on Friday!

I don't know if it's the fall season with Thanksgiving right around the corner or if it's personal circumstances as of late but I've come to realize now more than ever how blessed I am for the family I have and how important the family foundation really is. I've also come to realize that "family" comes in all shapes, sizes, and forms. Join me as I celebrate my family this week.

These faces... 



How lucky am I that I get to spend every day with these sweeties?! These faces are my quiet, peace, and hope in the storms of life and truly my most treasured possessions. I am so very thankful for all the happiness, joy, and excitement they bring me every day. I'm a lucky, lucky girl!!

These faces...
Me and my grandparents, TuTu & PaPa
My cousin Megan(Far left) and my fabulous aunt Gabby(Center)
My beautiful sisters Ashley(L) and Jordan(Center)
My amazing parents to whom I give all the credit for my fabulousness!

These faces are my heart and soul. Without each of them having a role to play in my life, I truly don't know where I'd be. If I can be half the parent that mine were to me, I will know I've been successful in life as a parent. 

These faces...


It is often said that family isn't always blood. Sometimes it's the people you choose to make a part of your life and family. It's the people in your life that want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for who you are and nothing else. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and love you no matter what. These faces are my friends and to me, they are also my family.

These ladies...
No matter where I live or roam, I know I will always have a forever home with my sisters in Kappa Delta. AOT ladies!

This one and only face...
My Madeline...

You are my greatest creation and the best thing I will ever do in this life. You are my family and forever, you are a part of me. Thank you for being a constant reminder to me of everything that is good and joyful in this world. I love you so very, very much.

Have a great weekend, friends.

XO,
Courtney
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you dedicated your post to your family! Such a sweet post just makes me smile! happy weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be the sweetest Friday Five's post I've ever read!!

    Thanks for swinging by the Monologues. I look forward to following you, too!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete