20 November 2013

Hump Day Mommy Confessions

1. Over the weekend, I got my hair cut for the first time in about a year and a half. It's amazing how our priorities change as we get older and or, become parents. I use to be that girl who religously got my hair cut every eight weeks without fail but...nope. Not anymore. Between two moves and life in general that little splurge just fell to the wayside.

2. I had a horrible day yesterday. Like, one of those really bad-feeling mental days where all I wanted to do was run from my life, my child, and everything. For those who don't know, I suffer from depression (A topic I'm very open and honest about) and usually most days, I'm able to control it with meds, diet and exercise but I was pretty bad off yesterday. I barely had the effort or energy to get out of bed let alone take care of my child. I'm feeling a little better today but these downswings are a real bummer. 

3. I've already started listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies. There. I said it. Judge all you want, I don't care. :-)

4. It irks me to no end when I wash Maddy's laundry and the clothing with stains gets no stain remover treatment applied before washing and drying so the stain sets in and the clothing is ruined. Now, most parents would be upset about this because they don't want their kid looking like a hot mess. But me?? No, that's not my reason at all. The only thing I'm thinking is, "Damnit!! Now I can't re-sell this and make money off of it!!!" I hate when I forget to use the stain remover. Yes, I'm fully aware of how geek this sounds.

5. I may or may not have let Maddy dip her crackers into the pet's water bowl and then let her eat them...all while I watched...and did nothing to stop her. In my defense, I was up to my eyeballs in emails, cooking dinner, and laundry. She was entertained, quiet, and out of the way. Enough said.

6. Lately, Maddy has been saying, "I kiss boys" and I'm torn between laughing (Because it is funny) to feeling slightly disgusted. I do not want to think of my daughter's lips on anyone giving kisses but mine. Sorry, boy moms. I know y'all are raising some great sons but I just can't handle it. Isn't two a little young to already be thinking about boys anyway?? Is that the going age now for this kind of stuff?? 

So those are my confessions for this week. Fess up, moms! What are yours? Feel free to share!

XO,
Courtney


Enjoy reading Shiraz In My Sippy Cup?
Make sure to follow along via the following for a more personal look into the life of wild and crazy:

©2013 Shiraz In My Sippy Cup








Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. yay for christmas music! I'm pretty sure I feel the same way about kids clothes and stains! Sorry about the rough day... everyone has rough days but they are way harder when managing depression. Hope you're feeling back on track soon!

    ReplyDelete