18 November 2013

Letters to Madeline

Dear Madeline,

So, I had this thought the other night which lead to an idea. 

One day, when you're all grown up, you're going to ask me all kinds of questions about your life and you'll want to hear stories of you when you were a baby, toddler, and young adult; How was I born? How did you and daddy meet? Why did you post that picture of me in the tub showing my bare ass on Facebook for the whole world to see? And considering that I have a hard enough time remembering my own name from day to day (I'm pretty sure there's no way I'll remember everything the older you get), I thought it would be a pretty cool idea to have a series of letters to you - you know, a little electronic trail of your accomplishments, your stories, our adventures, and our time together as a family. After all, the only way you know where you're headed in life is to know where you come from.

Pretty sweet, huh?

And while I can't promise that there won't be any embarrassing stories shared of you along the way (You know, like that time you blew milk out of your nose?) what I can promise is that one day, you'll have an amazing collection of stories, family history, and love that will be with you always. 

In the end, it's really all about you, my sweet child. Without you, this life would be bland, boring, and less meaningful. You are all my reasons (Especially the reason for the Shiraz in my own sippy cup ;-) ) and the hope of a dream fulfilled. You are mine, my Madeline - you are a part of me forever.

Stay tuned!

Love,
Mommy  




Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet idea! That little lady is going to cherish these letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I Just started an email address for Cameron where we are sending pictures and quick notes...I know I will not remember everything either!

    ReplyDelete