01 December 2013

My Favorite Holiday Drink: Wassail




 
 
One of my most favorite Christmas traditions is enjoying a warm and delicious mug of Wassail.

I was introduced to Wassail a few years ago by my friend Melissa who brought it as a treat for an office holiday potluck. I immediately fell in love with the hot beverage, got the recipe and have made it every year since. Actually, I like to enjoy this drink during all the cold winter months but especially during the Christmas holiday. I turn on my Christmas music, decorate our home, cook and bake and in the evening, snuggle up on the sofa with nothing but the lights from the tree to keep me company. It's fabulous. And it will make your entire home smell like the holidays.

Here's What You'll Need:
8 cups apple cider
2 cups orange juice
2 cups pineapple juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
12 whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup sugar

Here's How You'll Make It:
You can combine these ingredients in a crock pot, dutch oven, or large stock pot. I prefer to use a dutch oven because it is the perfect size for this batch size.

First, combine all your liquids 

 

Then add the cinnamon sticks, cloves and sugar




 

Bring to a bubble, stir, and reduce heat to simmer, uncovered.
Keep burner on simmer and enjoy.



This hot beverage is the perfect cure for a cold winter night or is a great companion to a good book or movie. 

Snuggle up on your sofa with a mug and enjoy!

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. this sounds so yummy! I think this will be on our list this holiday season for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will love it!!! If you give it a try, let me know what you think. It will go great with the cookies we're baking tonight for the link up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete