07 January 2014

Yeah, It's Filler But It's Funny...

So, yeah. This was my night last night.

All. Night. Long. 

    {Oh you were hoping for a low key night after a long day at work? 
Allow me to sing you the song of my people.}

In her defense, I was completely out of line to tell her "No" when she wanted to use the poopy diaper I had just changed her out of as finger paints. 

So my bad. After that, it was all downhill for the rest of the night. Lucky me!

The good news is that daddy will be home on Saturday and that sweater she's wearing is super super cute on her. The bad news is that I'm out of wine as I write this. 

But that's okay - I foresee a lot of back rubs in my future as payback for daddy's week away. ;-)

Sometimes, all we can do as moms is laugh to keep from crying. What are some of the things you do to keep your sanity when being tested as a parent? 

XO,











Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. rule #1 when dad's out of town - buy twice as much wine as you think you'll drink - you will need it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when you don't have wine or can't drink...chocolate in any form! Long drives (if it's daylight) also
    Help.

    And even when she's screaming she's cute :) Make sure to remind her of this when she's older ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! gotta love toddlers. . . crazy, emotional, random toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love it. I have a similar picture of M. I call it his "ugly cry." :)

    ReplyDelete