28 February 2014

Five on Friday!

It's Five on Friday! Let's get right to it, shall we?


{ONE}
Good News!
{Photo via Google}


As most of you may know {And for those of you who are new to the blog} our little family has been through the ringer over the past five months or so but after some good news this week, it looks like our dark clouds are starting to part. Stay tuned for more details coming soon!!


{TWO}
Great Reads
{Photo via Google}


I love to read and have made it a point to do so more lately. My current favorite read is 'Saturday Night Widows' by Becky Aikman. It's a story of 6 women brought together by the tragic and untimely deaths of their spouses who decide to start a support group that gets together every Saturday night for dinners, trips, etc. I know it sounds like it would be kind of a downer but really, it's a funny, inspiring, and enjoyable read. Give it a try if you're looking for something new and out of the ordinary. 


{THREE}
Heart Touching & Inspiring Videos

HuffPost Parents released this video this week entitled 'My Beautiful Woman' and it will absolutely make you stop and rethink your inclination to judge other mothers. But I warn you - if you're going to give it a watch, make sure to have some tissues handy.


{FOUR}
This.
{Via Pinterest}
I've pretty much been rocking this as my mantra lately. That is all. 


{FIVE}
Sparkly Gold Dots


For Christmas, my dad always gives myself and my sisters a gift card to Target. Normally, I would spend it on either something for our home or for Chickie but this time, I decided to treat myself and found this adorable gold polka dot jewelry tray that I fell in love with. I have a habit of wearing hair clips and jewelry to bed so they tend to pile up on my nightstand since I just take them off and throw them down there. When I saw this tray, I knew it was a must have. It just makes me happy.


Thanks to Darci for hosting this weekly link-up!


Have a wonderful weekend friends!















Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

5 comments:

  1. can't wait to hear your good news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. Good news you say?! And I'm adding that book to my reading list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book looks very interesting! I will have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear your news! Everything always turns around. :)

    I am adding that book to my list - it sounds great!

    ANd, I think that if I don't find a place for my bobby pins and jewelry that I remove before bed, he might leave me!! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that good things are coming your way, mama! :)

    ReplyDelete