07 March 2014

5 on Friday - Why I L.O.V.E. the Friendly Skies

Another week means another Friday and we all know what that means...

As I write this, I'm riding in an airplane.

Yes, you read that right. An airplane.

Modern technology & the human mind to develop it is truly amazing and awe-inspiring to me. As I type this, I'm cruising at 30,000 feet in the air, looking out over the world, and working on the Internet. Simply amazing.

I confess that I'm one of those people who L.O.V.E. to fly. I love everything about it. So without further adieu, here are my top five favorite things about flying:

ONE | Airports: For me, there is a certain amount of excitement walking through an airport. Maybe it's knowing that I'm simply getting away from my every day life. Maybe it's the interesting and amusing people watching. Maybe it's being able to eat a few a lot of donuts from Dunkin Donuts since we don't have one in Fort Collins but whatever it is, I fall in love with the whole experience every time I step foot in an airport. 

TWO | The flight: 30,000 feet above land is just simply amazing to view. That is all. 

THREE | Baggage Claim: So you're probably scratching your head on this one, right? Well, let me explain. Baggage Claim is where most people meet up with their loved ones when they reach their destination. While I'm waiting for my own bag, it's always heart warming to see the love and excitement of friends and family being reunited; those tight hugs that never seem to end, the tears of joy, and children running to their mom or dad with glee from having being separated for a time is just simply good for my heart to see. It reminds me that there is still a lot of love left in this crazy, cold, and sometimes bleak world.

FOUR | Captains & Pilots: Back in the golden age of flight, to see a captain or pilot walking through the airport was a big thing. They were looked up to, admired, and every kid wanted a set of wings. I'll admit it - I'm 37 years old and every time I see a captain or pilot I still get that 7 year old gaze of admiration. It's just damn cool, y'all. 

FIVE | My grandfather: PaPa retired from the Air Force as a Master Sargent with 20 years of service to his country. He loved planes and aviation. I know it may sound silly to some but now that he has passed, I feel a closeness to him here in the clouds. 

Have a great weekend everyone and make sure to keep an eye out on the blog next week for some big announcements coming soon!

XO,



Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. Baggage clamin and the airport?! My two least favorite things! However pilots are totally cool. Their job fascinates me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And can we just admit for a second that most of them are totally hot?! LOL

      Delete
  2. While I don't love the baggage claim, it is always so great to see a reunion. And when ever I see a serviceman/women reunited with the loved ones tears always slip down my cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! I forgot about the service men and women. So true!!!

      Delete