19 March 2014

Hump Day Mommy Confessions - A Mother's Pain: My Tatas Hurt

Being a first time mom comes with all kinds of challenges, adjustments, and growing pains. Some pains more so than others. Or maybe I should say, to some parts more than others.

So allow me to cut to the chase - My. Tits. Hurt. Don't let this sweet face fool you...


She is Hulk Hogan in an angel's body. 

On any given day, my twins are used as pillows, a trampoline, bumpers and buffers, drums, and a punching bag. Little Miss likes to play and do her thing rough and nine times out of ten, my sweater kittens end up taking the brunt of her "playfulness." And don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. I'm really not. I'm actually amused by it all. Just tonight, we were all in Chickie's room playing before bath & bed and per the usual, Abbott & Costello were taking a beating compliments of a few stuffed animals, a couple of balls, and Chickie's head. I was laughing so hard about all of it and said to Michael, "I think I have my next blog post!" 

So there it is fellow moms. My confession for today - my tits hurt. I feel so bad and guilty for them. They've always been so good to me over the years and then one day - BAM! Instant change overnight. One day they're just hanging out all warm and comfortable in Victoria's Secrets finest and the next thing they know, they've become slobbering, sucking, milk machines. Fast forward a couple of years later and its become, "Mommy, I drum your boobies!" 

Poor, poor things.

Now, you could easily be cringing at this post by now but my guess is that if you're still reading along, you're somewhat amused by it all. And you should be. It's funny but more importantly, you know it's the truth! Let's just keep it real - we all know this kind of stuff happens to all of us, everywhere and everyday. Why not enjoy a few laughs?

{You know you're laughing...you know you are}

So fess up moms - what are some growing pains you've experienced that have either taken you by surprise or that you've had to adjust to?

XO,








Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO I love this! Cracking me up lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have boob sympathy pains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "mommy i drum your boobies!!". . . DYING.

    ReplyDelete