12 March 2014

It's the Little Things...Like Being Able to Actually Use Your Arm!

A little over a month ago, Chickie took a spill.

A rather big one.

Big enough to land her in her very own cast. 


{A little piece of me dies every time I see this photo - look at that face :-(}


After a few hours eternity in the ER, we found out that Chickie had broke a bone in her wrist. Needless to say, I was heartbroken, a mess, and manic. But my Chickie? Aside from the initial screaming when the accident happened, she was the perfect picture of grace and composure. She was actually the one leaning over to pat me on the leg in the waiting room saying, "It's OK mommy."

Heart. Melt.

Well, fast forward a month and yesterday my sweet girl finally got her cast off!


It's amazing the little things we take for granted everyday, especially our health and the ability to simply use our limbs to live our lives. Over the past month, it has been challenging at times to simply dress my child let alone do anything else. It has really helped me to appreciate all the little things mine and Chickie's body has to do on a daily basis to simply function. We are definitely blessed to be happy, healthy, and as good as new again thanks to modern technology and a great doctor!

We hope you're all having a great week and a special thanks to Ashley at Words on Waverly for sponsoring this awesome link-up!


XO,






Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

12 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad to hear/see that the cast is off. What a sweet little trooper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was amazing throughout the whole thing - she's my new hero!

      Delete
  2. eeek! cast is OFF!! i bet she feels like a new woman. . . i can't even imagine dressing around a cast? especially in the freezing cold!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I could totally write a blog post with advice on how to dress a kid with a cast, lol!! It was an experience to say the least but we survived and now it's smooth sailing. I'm just glad my little girl is OK. :-) Hugs to you and Lex!

      Delete
  3. Yay for no more cast!! I love how she's pointing at her arm like "Hey what are you?" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! It was funny to see her reaction when she saw her arm again. She was so confused!

      Delete
  4. Aww, she looks so cute in her cast! Although i am sure it was crazy annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was at first but when we figured out what worked, it got easier. I hope we never have to do it again, though!

      Delete
  5. Oh, poor baby! But what a tough cookie she is! Sounds like she handled it like a trooper. Mac got his first black eye/busted eyelid today and it killed me to see him. I know it's just going to get worse over the next few days, which is going to break my heart to look at him. He cried for about 3 seconds and I cried for about 30 minutes. Hang in there mama, they're tougher than we give them credit for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Mac!! I hope he's on the mend. I know he's getting a ton of TLC from his fab mommy. :-) Thinking of you and that precious little bundle you're growing!

      Delete
  6. aww ER visits are never fun. I love the last pic of her examining her 'new' arm - always weird getting a cast off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was timid to use her arm at all for the first day or so but now she's wide open again! LOL

      Delete