21 May 2014

Hump Day Mommy Confessions

Happy Hump Day!

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. Its been (God knows how long??) since my last Hump Day Mommy Confessions post. I'll take two bloody Mary's and we'll call it even, m'kay?

{ONE} 

I absolutely cannot stand when people blow their nose at the dinner table. Case in point: A few weeks ago we were at dinner and the woman behind me blew her nose and then proceeded to exclaim to her husband, "Oh, look honey! That's the big one I've been trying to push out for a while now!!" 

Need I say more?

{TWO}

Going back to being a full-time working mom has been a harder adjustment than I thought it would be. When we lived in Colorado, I was home with Chickie on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Looking back, I longed to be at work full-time. Now that I have my wish, I find myself missing those days home with my favorite girl. And this my friends, is just a tiny bit of the constant struggle and guilt of a working mom.

{THREE}

Chickie is turning three in July and as of today, is still not potty trained. Her school says she is doing a great job of using the potty while she's there {Although I have no proof this is actually happening aside from the fact that her butt cheeks touch the toilet seat} but she refuses to do it at home with us. The running joke between Michael and me is that it's an urban legend that she knows how to use the potty since we've never actually seen it happen. At any rate and all jokes aside, the fact that she isn't potty trained yet leaves me feeling like a huge failure. 

{FOUR}

I still own one pair of maternity jeans and wear them on a regular basis. They are so comfortable. 

I haven't been pregnant in three years. 

{FIVE}

I usually forget to brush Chickie's teeth at least twice a week. I don't really know why this happens which in and of itself is worse. Is my memory really that bad??!! Parent of the year right here, folks.

{SIX}

Once, about five months after giving birth, a woman asked me if I had any intention of losing my baby weight. I asked her if she shaved, waxed, or went au-natural "down there." What's that? You don't like personal questions? Neither do I. 

{SEVEN}

I seriously contemplate joining the gym for no other reason than having access to the free day care. Work out? Get out of here.

Fess up moms! What are your confessions for this week?

XO,





Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

10 comments:

  1. ha! totally needed this today! oh yeah Callie teeth get missed too - usually to avoid a tantrum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I will admit that M's teeth have gone un-brushed for the same reason. Totally not worth it!!

      Delete
  2. no way that woman said that after blowing her nose AT THE DINNER TABLE. big. fat. no. way. and my brother in law not only brushes my nieces teeth they FLOSS DAILY. heck- i don't even floss daily? and potty training smotty training. if M's going at school she clearly on the right track and i bet one day will just announce she's never using a diaper again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear she did. I had never felt more disgusted in my life. I felt like I needed to go home and shower, lol. SO. GROSS.

      Delete
  3. Someone asked you if you "had any intention of losing your baby weight?" That person needs psychological help. I'll link that right up there with the Kroger's cashier telling me "Good luck with that!" when I purchased a pregnancy test.

    A confession, you say? A couple of years ago I was teaching L. to use correct table manners because her's were atrocious, to say the least, and she was balking. It was a meal complete with whining and asking, "Whhhaaiiiiyyyyyy????" I got fed up with the intellegent reasons and told her she had to eat right because she looked like a retarded panda otherwise.

    Four years later she has beautiful table manners. I can't feel too bad.

    ~ Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika - you kill me. And I love you. That is all.

      Delete
  4. My toddler "brushes his teeth" if sucking the toothpaste off the brush and dipping it in and out of the bathwater counts as brushing. I should probably revisit this approach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahahaha at number 1. What is wrong with people? You should have congratulated her.
    I wasn't potty trained until like...4. And, I'm just a downright fantastic human being so no worries!
    I can't remember to brush Aria's teeth EVER. I do the morning shift and my husband gets the bedtime shift. I don't brush my teeth just so I will theoretically remember, never works. So I end up brushing my teeth at nap time and calling it a wash, at least dad remembers the late shift one. geesh.
    I love 6, I don't have the balls to say that...but what a beaver she was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, that is a loaded question. What ISN'T wrong with people?! LOL. And who would have ever thought you could put so much thought and stress into a potty? It kills me, lol.

      Delete