20 May 2014

Liebster Award!


A while back, my friend Jenny who blogs at The Chronicles of We nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thanks Jenny! 

I've seen these done by a few of my blog friends and the award is a really fun way to get to know your friends in the blogging community. Jenny gave me 11 questions to answer and in return, I'll nominate a few of my fellow bloggers and give them 11 fun questions as well to answer. Here we go!

1.    What’s your favorite blog post you've written and why? Wow, that’s a hard one. I have several posts that I’ve written that are near and dear to me but if I have to narrow it down to one I’d say it was a post I wrote back in October called ‘Last Tuesday, I Lost My Shit.’ It was a very raw, honest, and point blank look into the mind of a mom {Yours truly} who snapped past the breaking point. I think as parents, we all get to that point but we hesitate to share or admit that we do. That post was my way of venting and saying, “It’s OK. We’re all human.” This parenting gig can be hard!

2.    Why did you start blogging? Initially it was to document my life as a new mom but the more I kept digging into the blogging world and finding blogs to read, it seemed to me that there were very few moms who would talk about real parenting – you know, the realness of parenting: PPD, Breastfeeding issues, how it’s not always fun. Those types of things. Parenting isn’t always a walk in the park but most moms will make it out to be that way for fear of not keeping up with appearances or for fear of being perceived as anything less than wonder woman. I decided I wanted my own little place on the Internet where women could come, kick back, let their hair down, and talk about the challenges of parenting as much as “sunshine and roses” part is discussed.

3.    As a mom, what is your favorite go-to snack for your kids? I always have a zip lock bag of original Cheerios at the ready at all times; one in my purse, one in my car, and one in the house. You can’t go wrong with Cheerios and my daughter loves them!

4.    What's your favorite healthy meal? Hands down my Black Bean Stoup. You can make it all organic, low to next to nothing fat, and is low on calories. You can find my post for this recipe by clicking here.

5.    What's your favorite restaurant? If we’re talking breakfast food then Cracker Barrel. Otherwise, I could eat at Carrabbas every night of the week. Their lemon butter sauce? Just pass me a straw and let me suck that stuff up…*SLURP*

6.    If you could have any career in the world what would it be? Michael tells me all the time that I should be an attorney. I am very analytical, strategic, and methodical in my thinking. I however would love to be a vet. I’ve always had a love of animals.

7.    What does your ideal family weekend look like? Nothing! Absolutely nothing. Enjoying a leisurely breakfast or brunch and getting a nap. While jam-packed weekends can be fun, I prefer to have my weekends open to let us go where the wind takes us. Maybe snuggle time on the sofa watching movies – who knows!

8.    If money was no object what would be your dream car? You guys are going to think I’m crazy but I’m a die hard Nissan owner. I’ve always loved Nissan cars and the fact that my PaPa retired from Nissan simply seals the deal for me. So on that note, either a top of the line Armada or Murano {I feel like I’m cheating on my Rogue by saying this!!}

9.    What's your favorite sport and why? FOOTBALL!! Namely, Tennessee Vol football. Six national championships, my friends. Enough said.

10. If you could have any superpower what would you want and why? That’s a hard one too! Hmmm. I guess I’d have to say the ability to become invisible when I want. I mean, just think about how awesome that would be!

11. If there were no barriers where would your ideal home be? On the beach! 

Here are the fabulous ladies I'm nominating for a Liebster Award:
Courtney at A + Life
Courtney at Sweet Turtle Soup

Here are your 11 questions, ladies!

1. What is the meaning of your blog's name?
2. What is your best piece of parenting advice?
3. What is the one thing you love most about blogging?
4. What is the one thing you dislike most about blogging?
5. What is your most favorite place to shop for yourself?
6. Share a favorite blog that you love to read daily
7. What is your favorite thing to do sans child?
8. What special talents/hobbies do you have/do?
9. What's your favorite jam that you have on repeat right now?
10. What goal(s) have you accomplished lately that you're proud of?
11. What do you like on your pizza?

Happy Tuesday, loves! I hope you're all having a great week and thanks again for the nomination Jenny!!

XO,



Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

5 comments:

  1. You are one of my favorite "mom" bloggers. I know if my day has turned to shit (which is often the norm and not the exception) I can turn to you for some real mom reading. So, thank you for that.
    Our FAVORITE car was our Nissan Altima. It was the.best.car EVER. I would have driven it until the wheels fell off. Sadly, that gem of a vehicle was in a bad accident and there was no way it was salvageable after. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Desiree! That really made my day. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nom!

    Chris really likes his nissan too. Carabbas sounds so good...and I wasn't hungry until I read that.
    This sort of relates to #6, but my husband always tried to talk me into being a math major. I hate math, I don't care if I'm good at it. Nope.
    yay for football!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeew, gag! Math. No thanks. I can balance my checkbook but that's where my relationship with math ends.

      Delete
  3. playing catch up here! I love that your ideal weekend starts with the phrase "nothing" that sounds great to me too! Carabbas sounds so yummy!!! I could totally see you as an attorney! :) Thanks for playing along with the questions!

    ReplyDelete