30 May 2014

The Potpourri Five {You see what I did there?!}






 Let's get to it, shall we?

{ONE}

My Birthday is next Wednesday plus mommy and daddy are looooong overdue for a night out so we have a babysitter and reservations at Chops on Main for dinner, drinks, and me probably dancing on the table at some point during the night. I keep it classy.

 #Truth


{TWO}

I finally found the perfect swim suit for my little Chickie and side note - why is shopping for a toddler's suit as stressful as trying to find a wedding dress??!! Craziness. 

Anywho, here it is:
{Child of Mine by Carters}




I can't wait to see Chickie in this suit. It summarizes her perfectly: vintage, timeless, and classic. 


{THREE}

And while I was doing a little shopping for Chickie, I felt it only necessary to buy myself a little something too...
{Monogram earrings from Jane.com}


You really can't beat $6 for a super cute pair of earrings. Monograms, y'all. It's a southern thing.


{FOUR}

I'll admit it. 

I got sucked into watching Tori Spelling's Dean-cheated-on-me-and-I'm-so-shocked-and-hurt-but-why-should-I-be-because-he-cheated-on-his-first-wife-to-be-with-me tell all show, True Tori.


Ay yi yi. Where to even start with this train wreck. Its been on for the last few weeks and Tuesday was the last episode and thank God. I really don't know how much more I could have handled seeing Dean wear fedoras while throwing tea parties with kid poop on the coffee pot handle acting like it was no big deal.

{Yes, that really happened. I'll let you think about that for a sec.}

Moving on. This show was nuttier than bat shit from the word go. A lot was shown over the four week period; counseling sessions, fits of rage, hospital stays, etc. but here's my take on it all, bottom line:
  • If he cheated with you, he will cheat on you. Girl, your relationship was built on lies. You both cheated on your own spouses at the time to be with each other. How you ever thought you would end up with the "fairy tale" is beyond me. 
  • It's really sad that in order for you to have the opportunity to tell your side of the story, you had to drag your innocent children through the mud with you. I guess being a fame whore has no limits.
  • Please stop talking about your "true love." Here's a tip: if you both really shared a true, passionate, committed love, this would have never happened. True love respects. True love is committed. True love has character. This is everything that Dean clearly is not. Girl, wake up. A tiger never changes his stripes, so good luck with that.
Have any of you gotten sucked into this show? What's your take?

{FIVE}

Let's talk blog love for a minute, m'kay?

I've been giving some thought lately to hosting a link-up and would love to partner up with some great mommies. I should probably say up front that I have no clue of what the topic is, but that's where you would come into play {I love the creative process}! I'm open to discussing just about anything and everything and would truly relish the opportunity to get creative with you guys. There's so much to talk about where this parenting gig is concerned so let's do this! Who's interested? Let me know and we'll get cracking! {I should confess I just squealed with joy a little bit and nothing has even happened yet}

Secondly, I'd love to share the love! Let me know if you're interested in a button swap and we'll make it happen!


That's all I have for today. Have a great weekend friends!


http://www.the-good-life-blog.com/2014/05/five-on-friday.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FOhnCW+%28[the+good+life]%29


XO,



Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

8 comments:

  1. Okay that little bit about the going out and drinking belly shots and all of that- HILARIOUS. I'm not even a mom yet (only 6 more weeks), and I already feel that way. I can't imagine how it's going to be when he gets here! And I know so many people who have gotten sucked into the Tori and Dean show, but I've never seen it!

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaahahaha that cartoon is so going to be me... actually it already is me. We have one baby and when I went out on vacation without her for the first time I thought it was okay to mix tequila, vodka, beer, and a fireball shot. I woke up the next day feeling like someone had tossed me off our balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That suit is SO CUTE! And date night? Perfection. Especially when a birthday is involved.

    Oh true tori. I sadly only caught a few episodes... Which IS sad because it was so good and dramatic. And why did she agree to do it?! Anyways. It was some good tv that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for birthday date nights, I hope somebody gets the table dancing on film!

    That swimsuit is SO cute.

    I'm probably going to be kicked out of the south now, but I hate monograms. I don't get it.

    Reality TV is the worst! And annoyingly addictive. That's why I just avoid it all! Tori Tori Tori. Of course I still read perezhilton from time to time, just to be current of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her little bathing suit! So cute! And Happy early birthday and yay for date night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That suit is so cute!! And yay for a birthday date, how exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a total sucker for trashy reality tv. I can't help myself. It's definitely something I would have watched if we have cable...but sadly, we don't.

    Have so much fun on your bday night out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That swim suit! I just died from the cuteness.
    Oh lord. I haven't seen Tori's show, but I have been blasted at the grocery store with every magazine cover as I wait in line to pay… What.a.mess. And yikes, Tori looks frightening. Someone get that girl a slice of cheesecake. Hell, forget the slice, give her the whole damn cake.
    And, I'm interested in this link-up you speak of!

    ReplyDelete