11 June 2014

Hump Day Mommy Confessions!



{ONE}
I caught a glimpse of myself naked the other day and nearly gasped in horror. Having a kid does a number on your body, y’all. Things just don’t go back in all the right places and I’ve been so out of shape for a while now that my body looks like something that just got squeezed through the Play dough fun factory. On the bright side, I got myself a gym membership for my birthday but to confess even more, I haven’t used it once since last week. 

{TWO}
Parenting a toddler is like dealing with a dictator of a foreign country. Why can’t these things simply come with instruction manuals? I think this is why I enjoy working so much. I know what is expected of me, what my job is, and there is a 99.9% chance of me doing it right the first time.

{THREE}
I love it when Chickie wants to play bedtime with me. She insists that I lay on the floor with a pillow and she covers me up with a blanket and says, “Mommy go to sleep!” to which I’m oh so happy to oblige. We can play this game all day long as far as I’m concerned. 

{FOUR}
So…this one time…at band camp… when I tried to get all sexified for Michael, it all went according to plan until I started taking things off and a few Cheerios came falling out of my bra. At that point, we enjoyed a snack and decided to call it a night. #themoodhaspassed

{FIVE}
Chickie is turning 3 in July and as of today, the only party plans I’ve made are reservations at Chuck E. Cheese’s. I really just don’t see the point in going all Pinterest bat shit crazy over 3. We did a HUGE blow-out party for 1 {To which I’m still recovering from} and to be honest, she’s turning 3. She does not care if I give her cutely decorated swizzle sticks or refreshments named after Star Wars characters. If I’m being even more honest, I really think all these theme parties are more for the moms anyway – bragging rights as such. Until Chickie gets older, has actual friends, and is really able to remember what’s going on I’m sticking with the go-make-a-mess-and-let-someone-else clean it up route. I’m telling you guys it’s worth every penny for kids this age: Pizza, cake, tokens, fun. BOOM. Done. 

What are your confessions for this week?

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. True story. I'm keeping it classy, my friend. :-)

      Delete
  2. pretend bedtime happens here a lot too -- it just never lasts long enough for mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tis true. 3 yr olds can care less about birthdays as long as there is cake and fun. and AMEN on the body thing. things just don't bounce themselves back. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know about everyone's 3 yo but mine could care less so why stress? I'm more about the fun then the stress!!

      Delete
  4. shoot, pretend bedtime? that sounds amazing. Sign Aria and me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit there have been times where I've actually fallen asleep and M is all like, "Momma!!! WAKE UP!!" and when I open my eyes, she's glaring at me like how dare you! So funny.

      Delete
  5. Marcus plays the exact opposite sleep game. If my eye lids are closed I hear "Mommy! WAKE! UP!"
    #4 has me ROLLING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcus is a hoot. Why do they feel that they should get all the sleep and we get NONE?! LOL

      Delete
  6. Number four!!! This has happened to me, except goldfish came out. I was like...ugh...I'm over this. haha! And I totally agree with the birthday plans. Our rule has been, until they can actually remember their party, we are not going all out. So we have about one more year to get away with this with our oldest. More power to ya mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goldfish would be an excellent find as well. Far more flavor. I've also found a jelly belly and a raisin. *sigh* Hope you're having a great week so far!

      Delete