24 July 2014

Christmas In July Gift Exchange!



Merry Christmas in July!

But first, let’s enjoy this little gem from Christmas 2013 shall we?

Ahh, good times.


Today, I’m joining a group of fabulous ladies to take part in the Christmas in July Gift Exchange hosted by two of my favorite bloggers Jenny at The Chronicles of We and
Courtney from Sweet Turtle Soup

When the invitation was extended to participate, I couldn’t say no. I mean, hello?! Christmas!! I am all things Christmas and I’ll welcome any opportunity to celebrate the holiday season. I usually stay in mourning for my tree once I take it down {Which may or may not have been until the end of February this year}. But I digress…

Not only was this gift exchange fun for the kids but it’s also been a great opportunity to connect with other bloggers that I’ve followed for a while but didn’t really know all that well. 

I had the chance to “meet” Stephanie from Wife. Mommy. Me and 
Jess from Being Mrs. Beer. Stephanie would be our Secret Santa and I would be the Secret Santa to Jess and her daughter Abbie. Both of these ladies are just a whole ‘lotta awesome sauce and I have a feeling that if we had the chance to meet, we’d hit it off. They are funny, spunky, and real. I appreciate that in people and especially in bloggers.

Stephanie from Wife. Mommy. Me. was Chickie's “Secret Santa” and when her package arrived for Chickie, I couldn’t wait to give it to her for her to open. She is just now getting to the age of understanding gifts so it’s always fun to watch her expressions and reaction when one arrives in the mail or when someone brings her something special 
and this gift was no exception!

{"Mama, it's all mine!" she screamed.}
 
{Pure joy}
Stephanie’s gift was awesome and in getting to know us, she quickly realized Chickie’s love for all things Mike and Sulley from Monsters Inc. & Monsters University and Frozen. As soon as she opened the box and saw the stuffed animal, she screamed, “Miiiike!” and then promptly started singing all the songs from Frozen 
when she saw the Frozen-themed puzzle.

{Thanks, Stephanie. I can’t even begin to explain how much that meant to me, haha!}

The romper from Target was a huge hit as well to which Chickie immediately demanded that it be worn. She loved it!




Thank you so much Stephanie for the thoughtful gifts and if you haven’t already, swing by her blog and check her out. You will love Stephanie!

And this is where the story gets a little sad...

My gift to Jess's daughter Abbie did not make it to her. After fighting for a week with USPS, they eventually admitted that they "lost" her package. BOOO! I'll be sending another package to Jess and Abbie {VIA UPS - Hello!!} as soon as possible but in the meantime, head on over to Jess's blog Being Mrs. Beer and say hello. She is a fabulous blogger!

 Thanks again to our lovely hostesses, Jenny and Courtney. You ladies rocked it as always!

Merry Christmas!!


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

5 comments:

  1. USPS ---> THE WORST!! I always get so anxious when I have to send anything through them. Ridiculousness.
    In other news… Stephanie seemed to nail it with Chickie. So much good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! That's so sad about the package :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a bummer! At least both y'all know what is up though. My biggest fear was somebody would totally forget, and I don't think anybody did yay! Stupid usps. I shipped my grandma a Christmas box while I was in CO and they delivered it completely empty and beat to hell. Gee thanks, lovely.
    Her excitement is so cute!! Mine! ha. Looks like Stephanie nailed it! ahhh Christmas =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usps makes me so nervous all the time! That's so awful about your package!
    On the positive side I love all the goodies that Maddy got! So that puzzles looks super fun and so does that mini Scully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They "lost" it?! Unacceptable! But you guys received one kick ass gift! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete