21 July 2014

Currently in July...



Thinking about: My little girl leaving us next week. Her day care is closed next week for summer break (This must be a University thing as I’ve never heard of any other day care closing for a week in summer) so she will be spending all of next week in Lawrenceville (3.5 hours away!) with Grandma and Poppy. While you would think I’m looking forward to a week break with endless amounts of uninterrupted sleep and using the bathroom alone, I’m really dreading it. Mommy anxiety is at an all-time peak and while I know she will be taken care of spoiled rotten, the thought of our home being quiet and having zero snuggle time with her just plain makes me sad. Funny how that works, huh. We want what we can’t have then we get it to only realize we don’t want it. This friends, is the endless drama of being a mamma.

Working on: Finalizing plans for Chickie’s Birthday on Thursday and our trip to Lawrenceville this weekend to celebrate with family. 

Planning: To leave work at 5 PM sharp today. I’m already over this day. Monday and I are breaking up.

Reading: “I Just Want My Pants Back” I’ve just started this book and am really enjoying it. It’s the story of a guy who has a hook-up with a girl he just met and how she wears his favorite pair of blue jeans home the next morning and never returns them. She never calls again so he sets out on an adventure to find the girl and get his pants back. While I realize this isn’t exactly MENSA quality reading, I love it. It’s mindless, easy, and makes me laugh and that's what I need right now.

Listening to: KTCL Colorado Modern Rock station on IHeartRadio. It’s funny – I rarely if ever listen to local radio. I still listen to my favorite stations from Roanoke, VA too. 

Eating: This week, we’ll be dining on lots of veggie meals: sautéed Kale, cucumber salads, Parmesan zucchini and lots more. I’m really trying to cut a lot of meat from my diet and fresh veggies are so good in the hot months. Doesn’t hurt in trimming down the waistline, too!

Wanting: A beach weekend. I haven’t been to the beach in years and now that we’re only an hour away from it, I want to feel the sand between my toes pronto!

Feeling: Excited for the cooler fall months right around the corner. Pumpkin spice latte, anyone?

Thankful for: My amazing family, my parents especially. They have done, and continue to do, so many things to help my little family and I’m truly thankful for all the love and support they show to us especially with Chickie. It surely does take a village!

Linking up with A Mama Collective today to share what's currently going on in my world. How does yours look?

http://amamacollective.com/


 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

20 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up with us, Courtney! It's wonderful to "meet" you through here :) And that book sounds hilarious! ~Jenna // A Mama Collective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to "meet" you as well! Thanks for stopping by - don't be a stranger! :-)

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the "Currently" link up! :) I'm excited for fall also, I love summer but my love for it is short lived once the sweltering heat begins... I mean if I lived by the ocean I wouldn't mind it, but I don't... I long for a beach vacation also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tawnya! Yeah, the heat is a no go in my book. Of course here, it's more so the humidity that's the killer. I'll be glad when cooler months prevail!

      Delete
  3. Can I break up with Monday too? They are the worst! And I'll be think of you this week while you are away from your precious girl....drink some wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You are so sweet. Wine always helps! haha ;-) Hope you're having a great week.

      Delete
  4. Your selfless are the best. You two are gorgeous.
    Adding "I Just Want My Pants Back" to the reading list. Sounds like the perfect summer read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Desiree!

      It is a fun read!! I've found myself laughing out loud at certain parts. I think you'd enjoy it. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. I love me some mindless reading. That book sounds amazing-- and is officially on my "to read" list... Right after I finish the 800 pager they assigned us for book club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 800 pages??!! Girl, no. Which book?? Have fun with that!! haha ;-)

      Delete
  6. 'smart' reading is boring. don't do it!
    and that first bit, ain't it the truth. i would kill to sleep in for like a day, but if I did Id wake up at the same time anyway and then miss going in to get aria. make up your mind!
    I hated all the stations we had in Boulder! I just remember being annoyed that never anything I liked was on. Always missed my home stations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Statesboro is so small that it doesn't even have any local stations so I'm always trying to tune in stations from Savannah or the larger surrounding areas and finally I was like "Bump this" and started doing IHeartRadio. It's great. I get all the stations I want, unlimited, and for free. Hello!!

      Delete
  7. Stopping by from the link-up....that book sounds like the perfect easy, funny read. Definitely getting added to my "to read" list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janel! Thanks for stopping by. :-) You will love it. Somewhat quirky but entertaining. Have a great week.

      Delete
  8. I love that you included "Eating" as one of your categories! I need to start including that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! I like to add my own spin to things. ;-) Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  9. It's bitter-sweet when children spend the week with grandparents. Hope whe enjoys herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!!! The hubs and I are trying so hard to enjoy our adult time but it's difficult. Wine always helps though! ;-) Take care and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. That book sounds great! On my reading list! I hope you do enjoy some sleep while Chickie is with the grandparents! Miss her but enjoy some much needed quiet adult time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, I'm trying! It's really hard though. I keep getting the feeling that I'm forgetting to do something without my child around, haha! We've got a few fun things planned for ourselves this week. Nothing fancy, just taking it easy and enjoying us time. Hope you're having a great start to the week! XO

    ReplyDelete