30 July 2014

Hump Day Mommy Confessions



{ONE}
I have a crush on Alan Rickman that even I can’t explain. Don’t ask me to try. I don’t know what it is about him. Maybe it’s the accent. Maybe it’s the dark hair. Maybe it’s the cape.

 
GRRRRR.

I just love him to pieces.

 
{TWO}
I try so hard to not judge other mothers but when I see one giving her toddler soda or sweet tea in their bottle it’s all I can do to just bite my lip and keep it moving. 

{THREE}
I love doing yoga but it gives me the farts. Downward dog is not my friend, nor would it be yours if you were right behind me. 

{FOUR}
I’m so bad at math that most days, I have no idea how old I am. 

Seriously.

Just ask Michael. He is forever correcting me every time I think I’m still 37.

{FIVE}
When I see a pregnant woman smoking or people smoking in their vehicle with kids, I want to knock them the ef out. 

{SIX}
I get {irrational} anger when I hear people seriously compare their pets as the same thing as having kids. 

Even now just typing that got me a little worked up. I can’t y’all, I just can’t…

{SEVEN}
I hate when mothers keep referring to their kids as “X months old” past the age of two. I know it shouldn’t, but it makes me view them as elitist, pretentious you-know-whats. 

I’m pretty sure I just lost half of my readership.

Oh well. 

{EIGHT}
Sometimes while I'm preparing dinner, I pretend it took longer than expected so I can stay in the kitchen all alone with my glass of wine while Michael entertains Chickie.

Love you, sweetie. Mean it. 

What do you have to confess this week?


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

10 comments:

  1. Every single one of these!! Preach it sister! Oh My! I'm certain we need to be IRL friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! yeah, you are definitely my sister from another mister, m'lady. Thanks for the readership and blog love!

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with 2-7! I am so glad someone was willing to voice it. I am now an ever more loyal reader after seeing this list!

    www.windycitybaby.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Shelly! I really appreciate that. Hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. hahaha - sad but true! Thinking of you, friend. I hope you're doing well. XO

      Delete
  4. Haha!!! I am right on board with 100% of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soda/sweet tea in a bottle? Amen to that.
    And the smoking while pregnant/kids in the car. Don't even get me started. (WTF people?!!)

    ReplyDelete