23 July 2014

It's the Little Things: Celebrating Madeline

 Tomorrow is my little girl's 3rd Birthday. 

Seriously, how does this even happen?

One minute she's a slobbering, completely dependent baby who needs me for everything and then I blink, and she's turned into a {somewhat} self-sufficient preschooler who cleans her dishes off the kitchen table after dinner and tells me, "Here mama, you need two band aides cause you're old!" while playing doctor. 

Her bedside manner needs some work.


 Friday evening after work we’ll be traveling to my parent’s house to spend the weekend with family to celebrate Maddy. There will be people everywhere wanting a piece of the Birthday Girl and as busy as life is, I’m trying to soak up as many special little moments with my girl as I can while the clock continues to tick down to always remind me...
 
These years are few. They are precious.



Linking up with Ashley at Words About Waverly to celebrate the little things!

http://wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com/2014/07/its-little-things-waverlys-week.html

 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

9 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up. My daughter's second birthday was yesterday so I know what you're feeling!!! A lil wistful rolled into a lil pride all that the same time... soak it in!

    Come by and say hey www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarita! Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, it's a crazy jumble of emotions all lumped into one but at the end of the day, it's all good. Feeling blessed to have a happy and healthy little girl. :-) Hope you're having a great week.

      Delete
  2. THREE!! happy birthday sweet girl. she's going to love this weekend and being the apple of everyones eye!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, chica! We had a great time and of course, LOVED being the center of the universe. Now I worry that we'll never be able to get her head back through the door, haha. Have a great week love!

      Delete
  3. Thank you sweet friend! And yeah - she's already declared, "I get all attention. ME!!!"

    Shit...we're in trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This got me teary eyed. It goes so quickly…
    Enjoy ever single second (even the really tough seconds, because even those seem to slip by).
    Happy 3rd Birthday sweet Maddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life does go by so quickly, Courtney. Sofia's 2nd birthday was in April and every day since then she has been just surprising me with what she can do now that she couldn't before. It's amazing! Happy Birthday to your little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny about the bandaid! People say it all the time that the time flies by but it really is true! I always say that it goes by fast but I don't remember life without having my child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love her giving the pup a check up!

    ReplyDelete