15 July 2014

Maddy | Mommy Bucket List


This little nugget will be turning 3 in a little under two weeks and every time I think about it, it's like a kick in my gut. Time truly does slip away from us so quickly and it seems like the older I get, the faster the clock starts ticking.

The time I have with my baby girl is precious. It's hard to imagine that in 15 short years, she'll be going out into the world as an adult - all on her own and without me around to constantly protect her. I think about what I was doing 15 years ago and to me, it seems just like yesterday so I know that now, these upcoming years will evaporate right in front of me. It's important that I try to do the best I can at sharing, capturing, and making the most of these short years.

So I'm on it like white on rice. I've put together a working bucket list of things that I want to do with my best girl. There is no age limit and while I'd like to accomplish most of these things before Chickie leaves home, I'd be happy to carry it on through our lives. 

1. A mommy | Chickie photo shoot. Just me and my fabulous girl.

2. Create a signature family recipe

3. Teach her how to change a flat tire

4. Get up early to watch a sunrise

5. Cuddle under a blanket and watch a sunset

6. Go to a concert together and totally rock that shit

7. Have a spa weekend together

8. Test drive a dream car that we have no intention of buying

9. Volunteer in the community together

10. Have a classic black and white movie marathon

11. Do a cheesy department store makeover

12. Go to a Broadway play

13. Bury a time capsule that only we know its location and dig it up years later

14. Keep a mommy|daughter journal that we write letters in to each other back and forth

15. Take her to the places where I grew up: high school, college, etc.

16. Achieve an athletic milestone together: marathon, hiking, climb a mountain, etc.

17. Surprise her one morning with a school skip day then enjoy a day together of lunch, going to the movies, and shopping

18. Enjoy a professional sporting event together

19. Go with her to help her open her first checking account. Teach her how to keep a checkbook and how to avoid credit cards at all costs. Get her mind financially saavy and strong.

20. Travel abroad

21. Bake together

22. Go camping, make s'mores, and tell ghost stories by the campfire

23. Sleep in until 9 a.m...just once

24. Have a water balloon fight

25. Do a lemonade stand and donate all the money to a charity of M's choice

26. Host a tea party 

27. Make mud pies and dive on the slip and slide

28. Run through, and play in, the sprinkler in the front yard

29. Buy her one great purse and an amazing pair of shoes

30. Teach her how to cook

31. Share her initiation day into Kappa Delta. Pin her using my pin from my initiation. Love my little KD legacy!

So how about you? What are some things you want to check off your bucket list with your child?





















Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea and wonderful list (number 23 is my favorite). There is a strong chance I will be borrowing this idea for the little man and me (and number 23 will also make an appearance on my/our list).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of a list with the kiddo. I need to do this with each of mine since they are all at different stages. Make the memories with them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! You will have so much fun coming up with ideas and then even more fun marking them off your list. XO

      Delete
  3. I love this list! Ok there's a good chance I'm going to steal this idea too! I love #2 and #16 the most! I would love to create a new family recipe together - i use many I grew up with it would be fun to make a new one together since Callie likes to bake with me. I would just love it if Callie loved running and we could do that together but any sort of event like that owuld be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought of you and Callie in the back of my mind when I wrote that one because I know you girls love to bake. Do it!!!

      Delete
  4. Great list! The thought of time passing so fast makes me want to rock in a corner in the fetal position!

    Will you teach me to change a flat tire?! Lol I have no idea how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Girl, it is SO easy. I was always scared to learn but once I was shown I was like, "That's it??!" There's really nothing to it.

      Delete
  5. Ima stealing this. Because it's fabulous. And adorable. And perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all words I would use to describe you and Lex. Hope you're feeling good!!

      Delete
  6. aw so sweet! kind of makes me all sad and nostalgic-y. sigh. I can and can't imagine doing all these things with Aria. Just one of those things. This made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make a list! It's so much fun and as I mentioned to one of the other posts above, you'll have an even better time actually doing the things you come up with.

      Delete
    2. p.s. linked to this post in my post today! Loved it.

      Delete