31 July 2014

Throwback Thursday Pics

One of the big things right now in social media seems to revolve around a fun picture feature called Throwback Thursday #tbt. 

Pictures range anywhere from photos of being a newborn to graduating high school, to even just a month ago although, I'll admit, I don't get it when people post a picture they took just last week and call it "throwback." When I hear the term "throwback" I think of pictures taken way back in the day, but that's just me.

During our move, I came across a treasure trove of old school pics and thought it would make a fun blog post - a Throwback Thursday picture post. Big hair, braces, and 80's/90's fashions oh my! 

It's really a good thing I can laugh at myself. 

{1980, Age 4. This hair cut - I die!!}


{1981, Age 5. I loved this dress. If my mom would have let me, I would have slept, bathed, and played in the damn thing.}


{Around 1985 I think? Whoever thought browm wicker furniture was stylish should be shot.}

{Early 90's dance recital picture. Check out the mall bangs - Dead sexy, y'all.}

{1995, Age 16. Delta Burke's hair has nothing on my do.}

{1995, Age 16. High school graduation. My hair was so thick I could barely get my cap on.}

{1995, Age 16. Senior prom. My hair was jacked up so high that it took days to get all the hairspray washed out. True story.}

{Fall 1995, Age 16. At college, sorority rush, my pledge invitation to Kappa Delta. LOVE.}

And this, my dears, is where I'll leave Throwback Thursday for today. Tune in next Thursday to see where it picks up!


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Courtney! Just wanted to let you know that you are doing a great job and I'm nominating you for the Liebster award!
    Check out more details here- http://ortizkingdom.blogspot.com/2014/07/wut-im-nominated-woot.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair - YES!!
    On this most recent trip "home" I've been pilfering through a box of old photos. Oh my gosh, what were we thinking with the hair and the clothes?!

    ReplyDelete