29 July 2014

Weekend Shenanigans



Whew! What a great weekend we had! Before I get into the meat of my post, I want to thank each of you who shared comments celebrating Chickie’s Birthday. It meant a lot to me that you guys reached out. I’m so lucky to know so many amazing women in this blogging community!

Our Saturday started off with a trip to the salon for pedicures and some R&R. Of course, I say R&R with a little giggle because really when my family gets together, it’s more like a constant flow of shenanigans and silliness. Fine by me. Life is too short for serious! Chickie was so cute about getting her manicure done and picked out both green and pink colors. What the birthday girl wants she gets!





After a delish lunch at Moe’s and a two hour nap, we got up, girded our loins and slathered on two tons of sanitizer to head out to Chuck E. Cheese’s. You have to love their tag line, “Where a kid can be a kid.” 

Ha.

It’s really more like, “Where a kid can get a stomach virus, beat up for tokens, or acquire any other variety of illness or sickness that the little ones are passing around these days.” 

{Sometimes I wonder how I’m able to work in marketing when half the time, I’m thinking of such far more truthful messages than what you really see in public. Lies, I tell you. It’s all lies.}
But I digress…

I generally avoid this place like the plague {which is one of the diseases I’m sure you can catch there} but since it was for my Chickie, I sucked it up for her happiness, which I’m glad I did because she really had a great time. The only thing she wasn’t too thrilled about was Chuck E. Cheese himself. I can’t say I blame her. A rat dressed in just a t-shirt, no pants, and huge ass clown shoes is a no-go in my book too. Thank God they serve beer.






{What do you mean I have icing on my face??}

{If at first you don't succeed, crawl up the ramp and dunk that shit.}





{Pure Joy!}

Once we were done partying with the rat, we headed back to grandma and poppy’s house to open gifts. I’ll give you one hint what the theme of the party was…









Once Chickie was all tucked in bed, myself, Michael, my sister Jordan, my sister Ashley, and our cousin Megan decided to head out for a little adult time. I use the term “adult time” loosely since they sat in my car watching Frozen on Chickie’s portable DVD car player.

#truestory
 
Once I was able to pry them away from the charms of Elsa and a dancing snowman {WTF}, we enjoyed some drinks and appetizers on the patio at Buffaloe’s. 

Sunday was easy breezy as Michael and I left Chickie with grandma and poppy for the week and got back on the road to head home. Man…we really miss our little girl but we’re taking the opportunity to enjoy some adult time and also enjoy a week’s worth of uninterrupted sleep. 

How was your weekend?


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. “Where a kid can get a stomach virus, beat up for tokens, or acquire any other variety of illness or sickness that the little ones are passing around these days.” Laughing so hard.

    That family picture of you inside the germ fest is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! It was a miracle that picture even happened considering my child was having a fit that I took her away from skeeball haha.

      Delete
  2. Can I tell you a dirty secret? I love their pizzas. I mean not love like I crave it or want it often but I'm not mad about eating it when I have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny you say that!! I told my sister the exact same thing that "For the money and for what it is, it's actually not bad pizza" and she looked at me like I had 4 heads. haha!

      Delete