06 August 2014

Hump Day Mommy Confessions!

{ONE}
So this one time, at the gym, I forgot my hair dryer and decided using the hand drying machine would be a good idea.


It wasn't. 

My naturally curly hair didn't find this tactic the least bit amusing.

{TWO}
After months of potty training, Chickie finally went poop on the potty this morning. You would have thought I just taught her how to play the violin at the age of 3. Sometimes it’s so depressing how much of my life, and my feelings of success as a parent, revolves around the toilet habits of my child.

{THREE}
Chickie was away with her grandparents last week and while I should have enjoyed my time as a care-free, child-free adult {and I did to some extent} for the most part, I was pretty sad all week without her in our life. I’ve always thought of myself as a strong, independent mom who is able to be away from their child but the reality is that I’m not and I don’t quite know what to do with that…

{FOUR}
I’m so happy that leggings, jeggings, and the like are still in style this year for fall and winter because there is no way in hell that I’m getting my fat ass into a pair of skinny jeans. Or even jeans for that matter.

{FIVE}
As much as I talk about my love and loyalty to my sorority {Kappa Delta} most of you would be shocked to know that I didn’t pick KD as my first choice on preference night. It was actually Chi Omega. Kappa Delta was my second choice on my preference card. It’s funny how the universe knows exactly what we really need far more than we do. It was, and has been, one of the best “disappointments” of my life. #EverLoyal #AlwaysAKDLady #AOT

How about you? What confessions do you have to share this week?

 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

3 comments:

  1. Hey man, learning to control your bladder is almost as hard as learning to play the violin. And sounds a lot better. Wait. Maybe not.

    My confessions are coming Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I can so relate to the hair thing, plus that's one of my favorite Friends episodes. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair and mine must be in kahoots. If there's not a real dryer and real "taming equipment" forget about presentable hair.
    And between our dog, cat, and Marcus, my life basically revolves around crap (quite literally), and the cleaning up of it all. It's all very glamorous.

    ReplyDelete