07 August 2014

My 200th Post {Damn, that's a lot of words}



This post today marks 200 entries for my little ‘ol blog. 

Wow. That’s a whole lot of…stuff.

When I started Shiraz, I never had any intention of taking things to this level. My idea was to simply document our daughter’s life so that I wouldn’t forget the little things as I got older {because let’s face it – I can’t even remember my own name most days} but it morphed into something so much more and in two short years, I’ve made some really great friendships, been able to dig down deep and think about what parenting really means to me, and help other mothers along the way. For me, those things alone have been invaluable.

Of course, none of this would have been possible without the words. I’ve touched on everything from PPD, to birth stories, mommy confessions, and so much more. Some days have produced really great material and honestly, some days I’ve phoned it in. Either way, I’ve been me and talked about the things that are important to me regardless of whether or not others liked it and even at the expense of losing readers. I’ve been me and I’m pretty proud of that.

I’m also pretty darn proud of a lot of my posts. In looking back through all of them, I came across a few that I even forgot I wrote. It has been fun to see my writing style evolve and grow over the last few years. With that said, I thought for today’s 200th post celebration, I’d share all of my favorite posts with you. I could go into a big, long blah blah blah about an issue or topic about motherhood, being a parent, or whatever but really, this blog is about the words – let’s celebrate that.

Without further adieu, here are my favorite blog posts over the past two years and to each of you who take time out of your day to be a part of mine I say, thank you. Your readership and friendship means the world to me. Stay around for a bit and let’s hold hands through this crazy motherhood thing together, m’kay?


  1. Madeline Turns One
  2. Getting Personal
  3. My Mother's Day Wish
  4. Madeline's Second Birthday
  5. What I'm Giving Up
  6. Transparency: Your Invite to See Into the Life of a Real Mom
  7. 4 Habits to Keep a Marriage Hot Amid the Chaos & Monotony of Life
  8. Last Tuesday, I Lost My Shit
  9. Raise Me to Do Good, Not Just Be Good
  10. My Christmas Isn't For Sale
  11. Mom Quotes
  12. My Top 10 Responses to "Was Your Pregnancy Planned?"
  13. Why I'm a Working Mom NOT Trying to "Have it All"
  14. Moms & Depression: Battling the Beast
  15. The Not So Great Parts of Being a Working Mom
  16. Dealing with Unsolicited Parenting Advice
  17. Letters to Madeline: How I Met Your Father
  18. Yes, He Has a Penis. No, He's not an Imbecile
  19. Tips on Raising a Strong-Willed Child
  20. When Being a Mom Makes You Feel Mean
  21. Mommy | Maddy Bucket List
  22. Day Care Centers: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly & What You Need to Know
  23. Why I Don't Feel Guilt as a Working Mom
  24. Year Three. Happy Birthday, Madeline! 
 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

9 comments:

  1. I. LOVE. THIS.

    Congrats on all of those words :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! I really appreciate your readership and support. XO

      Delete
  2. When you first started out, did you think you'd ever get this far? I know I didn't. I mean, seriously? How do we have so much to say? Oh I know.. 'cause we're awesome ;) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no way did I ever think it would all amount to this but I'm so happy it has! I've met so many amazing women (like you!) and I feel so grateful.

      Delete
  3. Woohoo for 2-0-0!
    I freaking died over the responses to the "planned pregnancy" post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo on 200 posts! I'm coming up on 300 and I can't believe it! You def listed some of my fav posts. Now that I have a 2yr old I think the "Last tuesday" one is my fav :) I so can relate!

    ReplyDelete