28 August 2014

My Fall Favorites



Summer is coming to a close (Praise God!) and with it comes the start of fall, one of my most favorite seasons next to winter & Christmas. Sorry, fall. You’re pretty great but you’ll never be Christmas. 

To me, fall is just a feel good time of year; from the food, to the activities, to the cooler weather, it just rings home to the heart of thanksgiving and fun. I’m already making my fall favorites lists and thought it would be fun to share them with you all today.

{Clothing}
Snuggle up, wrap up, and carry it all in style.




{All pictures via Pinterest}


{Scarves}
I love the transition from warm to cool with scarves. They are so versatile and can really add a splash of personality and style to any outfit.




{All pictures via Pinterest}

{Decorations}
Mums, corn husks, candles, and everything pumpkin – Yes, please! Here are some pics of some of my decorations from last year...



I also found this doorstep entrance inspiration on Pinterest and can't wait to get crafty:



{FOOD}
I can’t wait to indulge in hearty, stick to your ribs meals and soups. I also love all the pumpkin flavored treats and snacks. I highly recommend my crockpot broccoli and cheese soup. It’s perfect for cool nights or lazy Sunday afternoons with the family.

http://shirazinmysippycup.blogspot.com/2013/10/mmmmm-monday-crock-pot-broccoli-cheese.html


{Pumpkin Everything}
Three words: Pumpkin Spice Latte. 

Need I say more?




{Corn Mazes & Pumpkin Farms}
These are an absolute must for our family every year. Chickie absolutely loves the petting zoo and has a blast playing with the pumpkins and rolling around in the corn box. It’s just good fun, you guys. You can catch up on all the fun we had last year right here.



{Tennessee Football}
All year long the faithful await those 5 magic words every Vol fan longs to hear:

IT’S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!





What things are you looking forward to for fall?


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

13 comments:

  1. Kissing your cup of PSL! I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that pink (coral?) scarf.
    And every time I see that photo of you kissing your PSL, I giggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fashionista but I think those scarves are supposed to be big this year. I love them!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to cooler weather for sure. All things pumpkin and OHIO STATE Football season.
    Smores and cool nights around the fire pit. Farmers markets and apple/pumpkin picking. Awww. come on fall
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get down with all of this except the Ohio State football. ;-) And YES to smores! Forgot all about those! YUMMMMM.

      Delete
  4. Oh scarves! I love them! I can't wait to break mine out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Mine have been tempting me for the past week and I'll have to wait a little longer since it doesn't start to cool off here until the end of September. Boo.

      Delete
  5. Scarves!!! When the heat turns down from "Hell" to simply hot, I will be pulling out every scarf I own and donning them with all my clothes - yoga pants included. I'm not even kidding.
    Football. Holy crap. TWO.MORE.DAYS!!
    Your broccoli cheddar soup? Yep, I'll take a heaping bowl (or 5) of that, please.
    PSLs, hurry and get to SoCal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask and ye shall receive! Shortly after you posted this, you had your very first PSL in hand, LOL!!! Now you know the joy of a little heaven here on earth. Have a great time in D.C.!

      Delete
  6. Vol and Titan football...I actually miss Friday nights getting the band dressed up and on the field, watching them march,. And the chili, spaghetti, lasagna, loaded potato cheese soup, hot chocolate and cider...Yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post speaks to my soul. Although I seriously cannot rock a scarf to save my life. I almost have that orange chevron one exactly too. But I just always feel like I'm doing it wrong! Could be the FL heat too, but I kind of sucked at it when I lived in CO too...so it must be me!

    ReplyDelete