12 September 2014

Oh, Hey Friday! {A Guest Post, Some Funny Videos, A Great Recipe, & MORE!}


AMEN.


{ONE}
First up, I'm happy and honored to say that I'm guest posting today on one of my favorite blogs, Sweet Turtle Soup. Courtney's blog is so incredibly fun, perfect, and I absolutely adore her creative talents with graphics and her sense of humor. Not to mention that her daughter is an absolute CUTIE so all around, she's pretty freaking awesome. No really - check out her IG and you will see - CUTIE! 

So head on over to Sweet Turtle Soup and check out Courtney's blog and my guest post today. It's a fun 'Getting To Know..." series so you can find out about all the inappropriate music I love listening to in the car - with and without my child. #parenttruth 

Thank you Courtney for the opportunity to share! XO!

{TWO}
Once again, the Pinterest Gods have smiled down upon our dinner table. I found this recipe for Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups a while back and finally decided to try it out this week. One word - AMAZEBALLS. 



YUMMMMM, RIGHT?!

This recipe was so easy and friendly on the budget too and for once, it actually ended up looking like the pin from Pinterest. Y'all know what I'm talking about. You find an amazing picture of food, you check the link to make sure it works, you pin it, and then you decide to cook it only to find that it looks NOTHING like what you saw and worse, it's an awful meal. The Pinterst curse. 

If you're looking for something new to put on the table, I highly recommend this meal. It will definitely become a part of our meal rotation, and if you need some other meal inspirations, check out my Pinterest page for more ideas!

{THREE} 
Serena Williams watch out! 

For her Birthday this year, daddy got Chickie  her first tennis racket and balls. For those who are new to these parts, Michael loves tennis. He used to play in high school and also coached for a while at The Potomac School in D.C. and as a private instructor. When he found out I was pregnant, one of the first things he said was, "Our baby will start playing tennis when she's three." I thought he was joking.

He was not. 

Check out this super sweet video I captured this week of my two lovies playing tennis. And yes, it was in the house 'cause that's how we roll.



{FOUR}
Speaking of videos, my other video find for the week is this insanely funny clip from BuzzFeed entitled 'Weird Things All Couples Fight About.' It's funny because it's so so so true. I nearly fell out laughing about the dishes being put on the counter instead of in the sink because that happens a lot around here {I won't name any names. AHEM. Michael.} and it drives me INSANE. Having said that, Michael is so super great about cleaning and helping out around the house, so I can overlook it. Almost. ;-)

Check this video and get a good chuckle for your Friday!



{FIVE}
If you're looking for a fun new link-up to join, I found one this week by way of Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me called 'Mama Mondays' that's hosted by Leslyn Jacks of Leslyn's Lovely Life.  

This is a great link-up that encourages us mommies to pour out whatever is on our hearts as women and mothers in a completely safe, judge-free zone. I contributed this past week by writing My Best Parenting Advice and in the process, met some really thoughtful and amazing moms. Check it out! 

How was your week?

Have a fabulous weekend, friends!



Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

14 comments:

  1. She's going to be a tennis legend! Happy Friday! Loved your post over at STS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm that lasagna?! It looks beyond delicious. And maybe just maybe something I could master?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can totally do it. It's so so easy. It's just a few ingredients and voila! Master chef. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I need that recipe right this minute to make it's self so I can eat it. Every bit of it. Yes please.
    Chickie is going to be the next big thing. Is she currently looking for a man to support her and tell he she is wonderful? If so, I got the man for the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think an arranged marriage would be a very very good thing because yes! C is just adorable!! Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. That recipe looks awesome... I may just have some home grown tomatoes hanging around in the garden to!

    Tennis in the house, heck yes :).

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like to go against the flow a lot around here - always playing ball in the house haha. Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Visiting from Courtney's blog and I have to say, you are amazing! Loved your post on her blog and here. And amen to finding a Pinterest pin that is actually DOABLE and tastes good! I don't know how many times I find something and think it will be amazing, only to have my dreams crushed. Will be trying that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting!! I really appreciate it! I've been reading your blog for a while so thanks for stopping by! Try this recipe - you'll love it!!

      Delete
  6. Those caprese roll ups look divine!
    Goodness, Chickie's little bounce when she successfully connects with the ball is too much cute!
    The couples video - DIED when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything! Thanks for the sweet words! I adore lasagna roll ups. I haven't tried that in particular, but I've done a traditional and an alfredo chicken one. It's been a while though. I finally found a homemade lasagna 13x9 that is killer so I've been making that. The tennis vid? oh my gosh, I love the bouncing. So fun!! I played tennis in high school but man it's been ages. Maybe Aria will want to play! How cute. I watched that couples argue vid on FB like 100 times. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete