05 September 2014

Oh Hey, Friday!



Happy Friday, loves! It’s hard to believe it’s already Friday but with the short week from the Labor Day holiday, my days are all thrown off. At any rate, it’s Friday so we shall celebrate! Here’s our top five highlights from the week:

{ONE}
The Vols opened their season with a sold out Neyland Stadium at 102,000+ against Utah State and it was the best that I’ve seen the Vols play in years. If you follow football at all, then you know that my boys have been struggling. For us die hard Vols fans, the last few years have been painful. When you go from being a powerhouse program to mediocre {at best}, it just freaking sucks. BUT having said that, Butch Jones has really taken it to the next level in revamping Tennessee’s football program and it is starting to show. Finally, for the first time in forever {shit – did I just quote Frozen??} Tennessee football is fun again. I’m anxious to see how the rest of the season goes. GO BIG ORANGE!

{TWO}
For Labor Day, we took a trip to see my parents, grandmother, and two sisters in Lawrenceville and we had such a great time. It’s always nice to get out of Statesboro for a while and see family. We did a little shopping, a lot of napping, and ate really well. Daddy BBQ’d ribs, hot dogs, and hamburgers one night and made all the fixins to go along with: macaroni salad, beans, sliced tomatoes, chips – so much good home cooking. 

I also had the chance to watch the Vols game with my family which doesn’t happen very often since we all live apart. Truly, it was a great weekend.

{Me and my sisters watching the game. Completely unrelated note: Don't ever wish for big boobs. They are a pain in the ass and as you can see, take up a good portion of this picture. I mean, really? Help.}


{THREE}
The weather is starting to change here in Statesboro which signals that fall is right around the corner! Actually, the last few afternoons and evenings we’ve had thunderstorms and rain that have left the nighttime cool and lovely. I decided it was time to roll out the ol grilled cheese and soup combo a couple of times this week. It was decadent. I mean really, how can you go wrong with warm, ooey-gooey cheese? And let’s be honest – soup and sandwich nights for moms are heaven {AKA easy clean-up}. I foresee a lot of these meals in our fall future.



{FOUR}
I want to take a minute to show some love to some fellow bloggers because really, without our blog friends, most of our own blogs wouldn’t be possible.

First up, huge kudos and thanks to Courtney at A + Life for the opportunity to sponsor on her blog. If you’re looking for a good sponsorship investment, consider Courtney’s blog. She is so easy and flexible to work with and actually takes the time to promote your blog as well which has been a challenge for me in the past with other bloggers. I’ve seen my blog and social media accounts {Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, & IG} grow at a steady and impressive rate since partnering with her and I’ve met some really great ladies in the process. A win-win in my book and lucky for you, she is having a fall sponsor sale going on right now! 

The current deal is 30% off any ad space and word is, the A+ package will be available at the end of the month which includes a guest post. Think about it for a hot second and then head over to her sponsor tab and check it out. Literally – put it in your cart and check out. You won’t regret it.

Secondly, next week, I’ll be guest posting on some of my favorite blogs {Seriously – I heart each of these ladies and read them daily. You should too!} and am super excited about it. On Wednesday, I’ll be on Being Mrs. Beer giving my best tips for moving into your new home and getting it organized and unpacked without losing your sanity and on Friday, I’ll be guest posting on Sweet Turtle Soup for Courtney’s “Getting to Know” series. I’m super excited about both and hope you’ll stop by to check them out!

{FIVE}
Well, folks. It has officially happened. Our little girl has found her first boyfriend at school at ripe ‘ol age of…three. I’m both unamused and enjoying the cuteness all at the same time. But really, 3?? I’m going to need one of you to tell me that this crap is normal to start at this age because seriously, I wasn’t expecting to have to deal with this shit until around 7 or so – at the very earliest.

Me: “Chickie, how was your day at school?”
Chickie: “I played with Logan.”
Me: “That’s good! Is Logan your friend?”
Chickie: “Mama, I love him.”
Me: “Um, what?”
Chickie: “We play on the swings together, and hold hands, and I gave him a kiss mama, and I love him.”
Me: “I’m sorry, what????”
Chickie: “I love him mama!!!”

Text just this morning from Michael:


Ay yi yi. I’m going to need a lot more wine for this shit. 

So I will send you off into the weekend with this beautiful, smiling face in the hopes that you all will have a great weekend. And just for the record, she wasn’t smiling at us for being amazing parents. The grin came from talking about who else…Logan. 



Have a great weekend, friends!

http://farmerbell.blogspot.com/2014/09/oh-hey-friday-5-fears-about-turtle-20.html






Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the boyfriend thing. Made me laugh. We have a family we get together with almost every week. Their girl is a year older than Henry and last week we came home with an "I Love you Henry" paper. Let's say her dad wasn't thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah!!! My daughter has had a few boyfriends so far and she's five... Lord held us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys smoys. She's totally going to break some hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God all the kids Abigail's age at church are girls. LOL!!

    You are seriously the sweetest! Thanks for the shoutout lady! And I'm kind of cracking up at how many of us Courtney's are gathering together. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The day Connor brings home a girl, I'll need medicated. Momma can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha {shit – did I just quote Frozen??} Amen to grilled cheese and soup! I love bread, and cheese. whoa whoa whoa, love at three? no. but yes both cute and unamusing. oy. And, thanks for the shout out! Which reminds me I needed to check your word docs! Honestly, that is why I write things down.

    ReplyDelete