17 September 2014

When Words Fail, Pictures Win

Happy hump day, friends! I'm a little lost for words these days so I'm taking a little downtime to recharge myself, my ideas, and my writing but I didn't want to leave you completely in the dark so I thought I'd share a little picture recap of life 'round these parts lately.

Getting pictures of little miss diva these days can be hit or miss. Most days, I get crotchety 'ol grump face but every so often, I get the silly, goofy, and completely adorable Chickie face that I love. And that smile? Oh that smile. It lights the world.





If you follow baseball at all, then you know the Yankees aren't doing so hot but they are hanging in there. Our littlest Yankees fan loves to show her support by 
sporting daddy's ski cap. 


My alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. every morning during the week. This site is pretty much the only thing that makes that atrocity better and tolerable. 


We've enjoyed some outside time with the sidewalk chalk and while Chickie likes drawing...well...whatever a 3 year old draws, daddy and I duke it out cheering on our fave college football teams. Yes, folks. We are a house divided. 



We've also been enjoying a lot of snuggle and nap time with the fur babies. I post so many pictures of us that I often forget about our super sweet four-legged children. And really, our house wouldn't be nearly the home it is without their unconditional love and companionship. Thank you, Henry the dog, Henry the cat, and Kitten Butt for your love. 

Kitten Butt

Henry the dog

Henry the cat

Yes, we have two Henrys. Michael had Henry the dog before we met and I had Henry the cat. Needless to say, it can get kind of confusing at times.

We've been eating pretty well lately courtesy of my Pinterest dinner finds. This Alfredo artichoke chicken was the bomb. I'll be sharing the recipe soon.


One of Chickie's favorite games to play lately is hide and go seek. She really sucks at it, truth be told. We will say, "Where's Maddy?" while looking for her and she'll respond, "Right here!!" It's one of the most hysterical things ever. 

She's not so hot on the hiding either. Please check the little pigs hanging out from underneath this pillow case that she crammed herself under. So stinking cute. 


So that's life for us lately in a few little snippets. Nothing special, but special to us. 

Over the next week, you can look for a few posts from me talking about:
  • My thoughts on Adrian Peterson and disciplining as a parent
  • A home tour
  • Chickie's 10 Commandments to parents
  • A few good recipes
  • Thoughts on the mommy wars and judgey judgey moms
  • And last but certainly not least, look for an announcement for a really great September give-a-way! 
What have you been up to lately?




Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

10 comments:

  1. Love these pics! She's such a cutie! Also too funny that you have two Henrys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures! I love her faces always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures!! I die! The upcoming topics sound very interesting as well!! Have a great little break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarita! Hope your week is starting off good. I loved the picture on IG of your little princess sitting on the porch - adorable!!

      Delete
  4. Chickie has the greatest, most heart-warming smile.
    The pets - love it! Hysterical that cat and dog are both named Henry. Our fur-babies often get dismissed on the old blog, too. May have to remedy that soon.
    We're also a house divided. However, our team names don't rhyme…
    Can.not.wait. for that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks friend. I hope you're doing great and having a good week!

      Delete
  5. Love this! She has the greatest smile! And toddlers trying to play hide and seek has the be one of the greatest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! Little Mim's smile is starting to show, too. I love all your pics on IG!! Enjoy all those snuggles!! XO

      Delete