17 October 2014

Five Friday Faves - The HAPPY Edition



It’s FRIDAY! Let’s celebrate!


Today, I’m all about everything HAPPY. 

Lately, I’ve been trying to limit my time on the Web and electronics period. Some days I succeed and other days, well, not so much. Having said that, I’ve noticed on the days that I trim back my online activities, I’m far more happy, productive, and over-all more at peace with myself and life. I’ve also found that when I do invest time on the Net, I want to read and be more about the things that are uplifting, positive, and noteworthy (That’s a lot for a sarcastic, realist like myself to do, y’all. I mean, I should be winning some gold medals and shit). Do I still fall prey to some of the bullshit? Yep, sure do but I’m working on it.

While I can’t completely eradicate the negativity 100%, finding ways to curb it and avoid it has felt pretty good. Just last night, after we put Chickie to bed, I went to get on my laptop and just looked at Michael and said, “You know, I just really have no desire to be on my laptop or online” so instead, I read a book. 

Imagine that. 

So, today, we celebrate all things happy!

{ONE}
Free Starbucks

Picture this: it’s a typical, chaotic and crazy Tuesday morning in trying to pull myself and Chickie together to get out the door for school and work. I’m crying and whining because I’m fat with nothing to wear, Chickie is whining and crying because I’m making her wear clothes to school period, the cat is whining and crying because there isn’t enough water in his bowl, the dog is whining and crying because he wants to go out, and Michael is whining and crying because everyone else is whining and crying.

You see my point, yes?

Then imagine that for a moment, the storm clouds lift as you go to put on a pair of pants that you haven’t worn in forever only to find that there is a brand spanking new Starbucks gift card in the pocket. I mean, that baby is fresh. Never been swiped and loaded with $20. In that instant, you hear the angels sing and you could give two shits less whether or not your pants pull up over your legs comfortably. 

It’s all good. You have free coffee.




{TWO}
Snapshots from School

Every so often, we get pictures from Chickie’s school. It’s usually the little “look what I’m doing right now” types of things and if I’m being honest, I’m always surprised that the majority of her pictures don’t include her finger up her nose.

{Toddlers and preschoolers are just nasty, y’all}

Earlier this week, her teachers left this picture in her cubby and I simply love it 


 I love how innocent, peaceful, and happy she looks in this picture - just a little girl enjoying tea time with friends. She looks like such an old soul and looking at this picture makes me wish I could keep her like this always because I know that eventually, life will beat her up a little. But for now, we enjoy this.
 

{THREE}
Speaking of pictures from school…

School pictures happened last Friday and y’all…

This kid.

 Every time I look at these proofs I die. The photographer captured her personality to a “T” and those funny smiles? Yep, I purchased those as well. I’m going to be “that mom” for a second and simply say WOW. I’m pretty sure that on any given day I’m screwing up this whole parenting thing so it’s nice to see what a beautiful, smart, and amazing little girl we have. 
 
Having said that, Michael and I are totally screwed in about 10 years.


{FOUR}
Family

Tomorrow is my sister, Ashley’s, Birthday. 

There’s so much I could say about this little nugget (no really, she’s only 5’0) but I’ll simply leave it at this: I love you Ashley. I am so incredibly proud of the strong and independent woman you are and I truly admire your free spirit personality. Life hasn’t always been easy for you but you’ve always found a way to rise above and persevere and for that, you always have my utmost respect and admiration. Your love for life and laughter are contagious and even though I give you a ton of shit for running that loud ass mouth of yours (y’all – don’t be offended. She knows what I mean ;-) ) deep down, I love you for having the strength and courage to simply just be you.

Can’t wait to celebrate with you next weekend!



{FIVE}
Laughter

God, I love to laugh. I mean really. Is there any better feeling than finding or hearing something that just makes your heart happy? Check out my favorite video clips from the week that make my heart happy.

Dear Kitten: Regarding the Dog

The Weird Lies All Couples Tell

 Ellen Introduces Kids to the Technology of Years Past



Have a great weekend, friends! 

http://farmerbell.blogspot.com/2014/10/oh-hey-friday-kayes-2nd-birthday-party.html


http://www.northcarolinacharm.com/search/label/Five%20on%20Friday





Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

6 comments:

  1. When you posted that clip on FB about the need to put down our phones I was like, holy shit, that's me. So, I've been consciously making an effort to do better about keeping my head up and off that damn life-suck.
    The picture of Chickie at school - how incredibly, perfectly sweet. Such a pure moment. How awesome that the teachers were able to capture that.
    And, her school photos? Yes. To all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Starbucks! Love Chickie's cute pics! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday friend! Lots of goodness in this post! I love that photo of chickie at the table with the tea set. Free coffee is always a win! I hope you have a fabulous weekend with less technology and more fun! It's a hard line to balance. I get online when I enjoy it and when it's not fun I step away. I think that's ok to go back and forth as needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, that's like finding gold in your pocket! Love the school pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post, friend. So nice to hear that you're HAPPY and celebrating all things HAPPY! The world needs more of that. I can't get over Chickie's adorable photos. She looks SO much like you in that last one. So stinking cute! And yay to Starbucks surprises! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, if I found a Starbucks card in my pocket, unused, with $20 on it, I would have run myself to Starbucks to use it. Ok, ok, I lie, but I would have hoped in my car faster than my husband would have known what was going on LOL. How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete