31 October 2014

Flashback Friday - Maddy's First Halloween



So if you read my Hump Day Mommy Confessions from Wednesday, then you already know that for right now, we’re not much into Halloween around these parts. I’m sure as Chickie gets older that will change but for right now, we’re blissfully happy doing nada eating all the candy on our own. 

Having said that, I was feeling a little nostalgic this morning when I logged onto Facebook because I knew that I have a photo album titled, “Madeline’s First Halloween” on there. The year was 2011 and she was only a little over 3 months when Halloween rolled around. We had zero intention of taking a 3 month old trick or treating but we did however, have three costumes that had been given to us by family and friends for Chickie’s first Halloween so instead, we stayed home, ordered pizza, enjoyed some drinks and dressed Chickie up in her costumes. 

At the time it didn’t seem like anything special – just a simple night at home, just the three of us but in looking at the pictures from that night this morning, I realized how special of a memory it really is and how time is so very precious with regards to our kiddos. 

So I took some time this morning to look through those pictures and enjoy every toothless, gummy grin, every cuddly baby fat roll, and every chubby cheek face picture. Most of those features have long disappeared but the memories are still there and I’m so thankful for that. 







Happy Halloween friends! I hope each of you have a safe, happy and memorable day with your kiddos! 


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh.my.goodness. The sweetness in all of those photos is too much.
    Happy Halloween, friend! Enjoy your night in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those photos are just so precious! Love them all esp the one of the two of you and her in the ladybug outfit! Hope you guys had a good night celebrating in your own way!

    ReplyDelete