03 October 2014

Friday Things



It’s FRIDAY.
Let’s get to it, shall we?

{ONE}
On Tuesday, me and googly bear celebrated four years of putting up with each other’s shit, sharing a bathroom successfully without killing each other, and not wanting to kill the other for putting empty containers of cream, sodas, and jars of jelly back in the fridge {AHEM, Michael}. Or as some like to call it – our anniversary.

Through the highs, the lows, the good, the bad, and the ugly, we’ve loved each other, our daughter, and our family fiercely and without bounds. There are no words to describe how much I love that man of mine. Thanks babe for always being my rock, my laughter, and my dreams come true.

 
{TWO}
My Vols play hated rival Florida tomorrow and to say that I’m pumped up about the game would be a drastic understatement. I’m SO FREAKING PUMPED that I’m pretty sure I could run through a brick wall. After two weeks of away games and a bye week, the Vols are playing in Neyland Stadium tomorrow and I’m pretty sure that the decibel rating is going to be off the charts. Tennessee came up with the brilliant idea of converting Lil Jon’s “Turn Down For What” to “Third Down For What” and they play it on every third down. It has been a HUGE hit with the players and the fans and the word on the street this week has been that Lil Jon is working with Tennessee to either make an appearance or do something in conjunction with the program. You guys know this is like, my wildest dream coming true, right? My love for Lil Jon plus my Vols? Fuggedaboutit.

It’s about to get crunk in Neyland, y’all. 

Not to mention that this team is so off the charts improved from teams of years past that it’s just a great time to be a Vol fan. Watch out, SEC. We’re coming for you all.


{THREE}
Last Friday, Georgia Southern had their annual 1906 Society event {That’s just a fancy way of saying “let’s throw a big hoity-toity party for a bunch of alums who give us a lot of money} and being staff of the university, we had a free invite to attend. 

Free booze, free food, and a reason to get all dressed up? Um, yes! 

The photo booth at the event was an added surprise to the evening’s festivities and I swear, Michael and I were laughing so hard in the booth that we could barely stand up {The drinks may have played a hand in that as well} At any rate, we had the best time and I’m pretty sure the pictures show it.




{Michael singing Elton John with the deuling pianos}

{I may or may not have started a dance circle by doing the hammer & the running man. I plead the fifth.}

{Photo booth pics. A week later and they are still hysterical to me.}

{FOUR}
It’s October which in our home translates: ALL THINGS PUMPKIN!
I just love how Michael shows his thoughtfulness for me. I ask him to stop by the store for a few things and he comes back with pumpkin carbs, coffee, and all things flavored pumpkin. You’re a keeper, baby. You’re a keeper.

 
{FIVE}
For a while now, I’ve been singing, “You are my sunshine” to Chickie so imagine my surprise when she flipped the page on me and started singing it back to me. The first time she did it was this week during our nightly routine of getting ready for bed and the first time she sang it and got to that part of, “You’ll never know Mommy how much I love you” I nearly lost it.

Big, nasty, wet tears lost it, y’all. 

Anywho, I managed to get a video of her singing it and it’s too precious not to share.



So how was your week? Have a great weekend, friends!

http://farmerbell.blogspot.com/2014/10/oh-hey-friday-another-baby-post.html


http://www.the-good-life-blog.com/2014/10/lets-catch-up-five-on-friday.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FOhnCW+%28[the+good+life]%29


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

8 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I'm sure you were the life of that college event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky! We definitely enjoyed ourselves, that's for sure! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! And I love a photo booth too! I'm headed to a wedding this weekend, so I'm sure I'll be doing my fair share of cracking myself up with it too - haha. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, photo booths are pretty much the best thing ever next to coffee and wine. We had a blast!

      Delete
  3. October 2 is our anniversary, too. HAPPY 4 YEARS to you and Michael!!!
    And, oh my goodness, Chickie singing is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! That little Chickie knows how to go right for the heart strings!

      Delete
  4. Love the first pictures! So cute! Happy Anniversary!
    Also, where do you find Dunkin' Donuts k-cups???? I've been dying to try some since I love the coffee but can't find them anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Michael picked up those k-cups at an actual Dunkin store. If you don't have one where you live, try their website. I think they used to sell them online at one time but I'm not sure if they still do. Have a great week!

      Delete