18 November 2014

'Cause I'm All About That Food, About That Food...




While most bloggers are compiling the “My Christmas Wish List” or “Dear Santa” posts, I’m fully focused on one simple thing right now…
 
Food.

More specifically - Thanksgiving food.

I adore Thanksgiving for many reasons but let me just get right to the point and fully admit that the biggest reason is the food.

{Confession: I may or may not still own a pair of pregnancy jeans that I hang onto specifically for use during Thanksgiving Day.}

My dad spends a good majority of the night before Thanksgiving and all into the morning prepping and cooking our meal and when I say the man has skills, it’s no joke y’all. My dad cooks comfort food. The kind of stick-to-your-ribs and ass kind of food that makes your heart and your soul just feel good. Simply put – home cooking.

So without further adieu, I give you my Thanksgiving Meal Wish list. These are the top six items I’m dreaming about making an appearance on our table for Thanksgiving dinner. 


{Photo credit: Food Network.com}

ONE.
Green Bean Casserole – the cream, the beans and O.M. GEEE those crispy onions.


TWO.
Sweet Potato Casserole – Brown sugar stuffed potatoes topped with marshmallows. I mean, hello! 


THREE.
Stuffing – I know why they call it stuffing…’cause I’m stuffing it right into my face.


FOUR.
Ham – I can get down with turkey just fine but ham? Me and ham have a love affair that has lasted lifetimes. 


FIVE.
Mashed Potatoes – homemade with a lot of love and a lot of butter and cream. 


SIX.
Pumpkin Pie – All pumpkin, all the time.

What’s on your Thanksgiving Meal wish list?


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

10 comments:

  1. I could eat a meal of just pie. But I do love a good Stovetop stuffing... yes, the boxed stuff. In my mind nothing compares. But, I also love Kraft Mac and Cheese like it's nobody's business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes! Same here. We eat the blue box quite regularly in our home. Hope you're having a good week, Becky!

      Delete
  2. I plan to wear yoga pants or leggings because basically, I will eat all the foods. I don't know what I love most. Maybe the potatoes and the pie. Oh and the gravy. Gravy makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All. The. Foods. This conversation is reminding me of what Chickie said last night after she was done eating. She patted her belly and said, "Momma, I have a baby in there!" and I said, "Yeah, you've got a food baby!" because she ate SO MUCH.

      That's what I'm aiming for: food baby status.

      Delete
  3. Just go ahead an give me the entire turkey breast. And the turkey graving. I could dive right in and do laps in that gloriousness. Followed up with a heaping side of mashed potatoes (that must involve cream cheese, sour cream, and enough butter to supply a small army), as well as scalloped corn. For good measure, might as well throw in the entire pumpkin pie. I wish I was joking… But I'm dead serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geezz- my mouth is watering reading this!!! Love stuffing more than anything in the world!!! My kids come a close second ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, haha. It's sad to say but I'm pretty sure I'd push a kid out of the way for pumpkin pie. Joking of course, but still... ;-)

      Delete
  5. I would totally rather have ham over turkey! Yummy! And pumpkin pie is my favorite part of Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete