14 November 2014

Five on Friday



I’m so happy it’s Friday. As I write this, I’m listening to Christmas music and feeling insanely happy. I just love everything about this time of year: the cold weather, the holidays, the coziness, the nostalgia…it all brings me back to a very content and peaceful place. I hope y’all have had a great week, too!

ONE.
I’ve been carrying around a $15 PayPal credit for quite some time and have been waiting for the right thing to use it on. When I saw this toddler infinity scarf, I just knew Chickie had to have it.

{Photo credit: AmyAnne on Etsy}
A few mouse clicks later and voila! I can’t wait to see her in it. She loves polka dots and the gray will go great with her color scheme. The best purchases are free ones!


TWO.
Speaking of scarves, eons ago, I found this giraffe scarf for a whopping $7 on Jane.com...

My PaPa loved giraffes. LOVED them. He passed away in February but lately, he’s been on my mind a lot and I’m missing him more than ever. I miss our talks, watching Tennessee football together and so much more. I wore the giraffes a few times this week in his honor. I know if he were with us, he’d love it too. 
 

THREE.
I finally got Chickie’s school pictures back from the photographer and I’m in L.O.V.E.

This kid.


One sweet and innocent. Another completely ornery and full of personality and spirit.

Just like my little baby girl. I adore these pictures.


FOUR.
The temps have finally dipped into the cool digits ‘round these parts (Can I get an AMEN?!) so I’m thinking this weekend is the perfect time to whip out one of my favorite holiday|cold winter months beverage, Wassail

http://shirazinmysippycup.blogspot.com/2013/12/soothing-sunday-wassail.html
If you like a hot, spiced beverage, you HAVE to try this one. Plus, it leaves your home smelling heavenly. 
 

FIVE.
Speaking of things to stuff in my mouth, my girl Desiree over at Macke Monologues whipped out what looks like an amazing recipe for creamy chicken tacos on the blogging world this week and I can’t wait to try it over the next week.

{Photo credit: Desiree at Mack Monologues}
#nomnomnom


Have a great weekend, friends! XO
http://farmerbell.blogspot.com/2014/11/oh-hey-friday-five-blogging-tips.html

http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=3753294527&group=0&frame_type=a&context=undefined&context_ids=undefined&blog=3130452&frame=1&click=0&user=0

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

11 comments:

  1. Giraffes are my favorite animal. I love that scarf and that you honor your PaPa with it! Love chickie's pictures and that scarf for her is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the scarf around the end of last week and it's SO CUTE. And because it's so cute, I'm tempted to buy more, haha. Damn, they always suck me in!

      Delete
  2. I just bought two new scarves from Tarjay... because I had to have them #duh. But really, scarves make every outfit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very right! I have enough scarves to cover our entire home yet, I can always use one more. ;-) #myweakness

      Delete
  3. love that scarf you got for maddy!! so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that scarf! Both of them actually. My niece loves my scarves so I am in the market for some for her for Christmas and these would be perfect. Off to find her shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks liz. I got the scarf in the mail last week and it was great. Good quality and well made. I also found some nice ones on Jane.com too. They always have great deals. Have a good week!

      Delete
  5. The scarves! I adore both. Can't wait to see Chickie in hers (I know she'll rock it), and you look absolutely gorgeous.
    We are going to have to try out Wassail. It sounds right up my alley.
    Thanks for the blog love. Hope you enjoy the creamy tacos as much as we do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! If you try the wassail you'll have to let me know how you like it. I haven't tried the tacos yet but they are on my list! Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, those photos are so stinking cute! You're right, she does look ornery, and yet totally adorable at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! Yeah, Michael and I are totally screwed, haha! Hope you're doing well.

      Delete