31 December 2014

My Goals for 2015


While I’m not a person who is big on New Years resolutions per se, I do believe in constant professional, personal and parental growth. To me, the name of the game is simply about daily self-improvement and finding ways to make my life, the lives of those I love and the lives of others around me a little better every day and on a consistent basis. I hate the term “resolutions.” I feel the word contains so much pressure and negativity as if life itself is doomed as we know it if you mess up or God forbid, don’t keep one.

No thanks.

The idea for me in 2015 is to enjoy a simple life. Most people will tell you that simple equals boring but I think they couldn’t be any further from the truth. There is something comforting and reassuring about living a peaceful, content life and while we can’t always control what happens to us, I firmly believe that we can always control how we react – the calm within the storm, so to speak.

So on the note of simplicity, other goals I have in mind for 2015 include:

·         Buy more good books and make the time to read them.
·         Try harder to find the best in people, especially the challenging ones.
·         Show more of the best of myself to others.
·         De-clutter and get rid of the junk I’ve been holding onto for years.
·         Do more volunteer work for organizations that are important to me.
·         Take more bubble baths.
·         Plan special mommy/daughter date days with Maddy.
·         Believe every day that anything is possible in my life.
·         Travel to one place I’ve never been before.
·         Make more time for me even if it’s only a quick trip to a coffee shop or bookstore.

So as you can see, nothing crazy. Just simplicity. What are some of your goals for 2015?

Happy New Year’s Eve, friends! May each of your lives be blessed and filled with joy for the upcoming year. 


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Love these goals. I'm still pondering what mine will be for 2015. Declutter is for sure on the list and reading more.

    Happy NYE!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should add FaceTime with Stephanie at least once a month.
    Our goals are similar and I can't wait to see what this year has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete