15 December 2014

Santa Made It Out Alive



This weekend was perfect, although it went by way to fast.


A little relaxation, a little productivity and a little fun.


Wine: the official drink of parents with children on the weekends
during the holidays everywhere.

Friday evening kicked off with lots of snuggles and Elf. Chickie also decided that she was ready to go and meet the fat man in the red suit which was somewhat surprising since last year’s visit included a sucker punch to Santa’s face while Michael and I laughed hysterically. In case you're new to these parts, allow me to bring you up to speed...


So, yeah.

At any rate, we woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Saturday morning and Chickie was still talking about going to see Santa.


So we loaded up and off we went. Considering how much of an epic fail last year’s visit went, I have to say that I wasn’t expecting much but wow! I was pleasantly surprised!

{No Santas were harmed in the making of this photograph.}

No one got punched and we all made it out in one piece!

The rest of our Saturday included a celebratory lunch at Chick-fil-A followed by a well-deserved nap and then lots of goofing around coupled with copious amounts of shenanigans and tom foolery. 
 


{I'm not really sure what's up with this dress. She loves to wear this thing all the time at home. -18 outside? Who cares! Let me wear a dress!}

Sunday morning after breakfast, we loaded up the car with a few gifts to donate to the University Police’s Toys for Tots toy drive and dropped them off with the help of one very excited little elf…


All week long, Chickie and I talked about donating the toys for the boys and girls in our community who may not be lucky enough to have toys for Christmas and what the true meaning of the holiday season is about. At three, she isn’t going to fully understand every nuance of the spirit of the season but she’s old enough to start learning so it’s important to me that she knows Christmas is about more than just Santa and gifts.
 
She was so sweet about the whole thing. All week, she asked, “Mama, are we going to give away my toys for other boys and girls?” in such an excited way. It was so cool to see her get excited about wanting to help others. I’m hoping to find other little ways for us to be involved in our community not only now through the holidays, but as a normal part of our day to day routine.

After a glorious three hour nap yesterday


We enjoyed a low-key evening of snacks and movies…


Well, some more than others.

How was your weekend? 



Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

7 comments:

  1. Baby booty is the cutest. I love when I get Connor undressed and he hightails it to the bathroom... I chase that booty down the hall every. single. time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, I LOVE baby booty. I literally chase M all over the house yelling, "I'm going to get your tukus!!" while making little pinching actions with my fingers. She just cackles.

      Delete
  2. I am so impressed that her attitude towards Santa changed so drastically. Maybe Chickie needs to give my Emily a pep talk :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked!! I was ready for round two of boxing night, haha. You know kids will talk a big talk until they get themselves into the situation and then they are like, "Oh hell no!" That's what I expected! Sometimes they surprise us. :-) Hope you're having a great week!

      Delete
  3. I love the excitement from Chickie to share her toys! We did something similar at our church this weekend. My heart about burst when there were no tears or tantrums when we had to put a few toys (one including a soccer ball that M instantly fell in love with) in the collection bin.

    Also, that little tush. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY Marcus!! That's so awesome!! Hope you guys are having a good week!

      Delete
  4. I love everything in this post! Wine, awesome santa photo, fun family selfies and naked toddler buns! haha! Totally cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete