20 January 2015

An Interview With a Three Year Old




Kids say the darndest things, especially the littles. 

The preschool age {did I just type that? Preschool??} has been quite interesting so far. Every day, Chickie’s language and understanding of the world around her is evolving and progressing and it’s so much fun to be a part of. Just like any other stage of her development, this time will pass in the blink of an eye so I thought it would be fun to sit down with her and do a three year old interview so I could capture the wonderful and amazing little girl she is now because, you know, I’m old. And I will forget. All of these answers are hers!

Chickie, what is your favorite…?

Book // A Day at the Airport

Food // Cake {She is my daughter} and donuts


Movie // Star Wars

Animal // Lions, giraffes and bears {Oh my!}

Song // Key Largo {Yes, *that* Key Largo – the one by Bertie Higgins} and Going on a Bear Hunt

Pet // Henry the dog


Toy // Blocks

Sport // Baseball {Go Yankees!}



Sweet Treat // Chocolate cake


Friends // Rachel and Caroline

And let’s not forget some of the hysterical conversations we’ve had as of late because, really, there’s nothing better than your own child reminding you of what a big butt you have.

What did Chickie say...?

Me: "Maddy, tonight we celebrate New Year’s Eve."
Maddy: "What's that?"
Me: "It's the end of this year at midnight and the beginning of next year."
*intense thinking look on her face*
Maddy: "So we get to stay up late and eat cupcakes and watch Home Alone?"

Sometimes I look at her and marvel at how much of an old soul she can be. Right after I took this picture, she looked up at me and said, "No more pictures, mommy. Get me a hot cup of tea." #imnotjoking #wheredotheygetthisstuff


One week at school, Chickie was learning about football for the class sports/outdoor activities. While the teachers were trying to teach the kids to say, "Go Eagles!" Chickie stood up in the middle of the circle and yelled, "I don't say that! I say GO VOLS!!" Y'all know this momma is proud!!!!

Heard in our home one morning while rummaging through the closet for something to wear to work:
Me: "Hmmm...what should I wear to work today, Chickie?"
(Without blinking or skipping a beat from eating her Cheerios while watching Thomas)
Chickie: "I don't know, mama. You got a big butt."

So how about you? What gems are your littles coming up with lately? What things do they love these days?

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

26 comments:

  1. Hahaha. The butt comment kills me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a ham! I never know anymore what she's going to say, haha. Hope you're having a good week.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could get away with saying everything these kids do! Like telling my mom she has a big butt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! Man, do these little gremlins get away with murder!

      Delete
  3. What a cutie!!! "You got a big butt!" HA! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a big butt is great!!! I work with kids and what they say cracks me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I love this age (when they're not having tantrums).

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA! Nothing like the honesty of a child. When I jokingly told my nephew he should push me on the swings instead of the other way around, he looked terrified and started telling me how it would break if I sat on it. *Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha!! That's awesome. Kids - gotta love 'em. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh!! She is so precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a post scheduled for Friday that is Conversations with Connor and I can't handle the things he says sometimes. I wish he and M could play. My Lord, we would be in stitches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought that many, many times. I mean, could you imagine?? We would need a lot of wine to go with that deadly duo! It will happen one day, my friend. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  9. hahaha! hillarious. I tried something similar with Aria the other day and it was enough to make my heart burst with cuteness. And, Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best?! I just love them at this age. :)

      Delete
  10. kids are so funny. i love the stuff they say and do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best at this age. Thanks for reading, Aubrey!

      Delete
  11. cake donuts and cheering for her mamas team?! those are awesome things little lady!! Love hearing little things kids say!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Out of the mouth of babes. I love it. I'm going to have to borrow this interview.
    Since potty training M has become aware that mommy sits to pee (because we all know the last time I peed alone was about 3 years ago) and daddy and M stand. (Note: We use the correct anatomy terms.) So after one potty session M says to me, "Momma, I have a penis." To which I replied, "Yes, babe, you do." Then, serious as ever he says, "You have a ba-joy-ya." Yep, that's what we'll call it for awhile. Ba-joy-ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally just died laughing in my office!!! LMAO!!! How did you not just die when he said that?! Damn, I love the kiddos at this age. Hope you're feeling a lot less nauseated and a lot more like your fabulous self. XO

      Delete