30 January 2015

Bye Bye January: A Recap





Ah, Friday. It’s great to see you again, my old friend. 

I can’t believe we’re already at the end of the first month of the New Year and going into February! I remember growing up as a child, I would complain about time going by so slowly and my mother would say, “Just wait. The older you get, the faster time will go” and boy does it. 

Man, those moms…they sure are right a lot. #iadmitit

One of my goals for the New Year is being better about documenting our months as a whole so that when I’m old and gray and can’t remember to put my teeth in, I can easily look back through the years and have a collection of great pictures and stories from each month. I’ve been talking about more serious topics lately on this ol blog, so I thought it would be fun to slow my roll for a hot second on Friday, relax and share our monthly highlights with all of you.

We’ve enjoyed a lot of fun at the park coupled with copious amounts of chai tea lattes from the ‘Bucks. I find it to be so much fun watching Chickie interact with other kids, probably because I miss out on this during the week since I’m working. I feel like I’m watching her childhood and personality unfold in these playful moments and I cherish it.





The first part of the month found Chickie and I left to our own devises as daddy flew off to Nebraska for residency. He was gone for 9 days in which time, I got a very small glimpse into what being a single mom was like. Needless to say, all single mothers have my utmost respect and admiration. You can check out my take on being a single parent by clicking on this graphic:
 
http://shirazinmysippycup.blogspot.com/2015/01/what-i-learned-being-single-parent-for.html

When daddy returned home, we were all smiles and drinks were definitely in order!


We’ve enjoyed lots and lots of cuddle time…



And in doing so, have had a lot of silly conversations and fun in the process: 
http://shirazinmysippycup.blogspot.com/2015/01/an-interview-with-three-year-old.html
Click on me!




Towards the middle of the month, I wrote a letter to all moms that I’d love for you to read:
http://shirazinmysippycup.blogspot.com/2015/01/a-letter-to-working-moms-all-moms-are.html
Click on me!


And this past weekend, we rounded off January by celebrating Chickie’s half birthday! Oh who am I kidding? It was a great excuse to have a little bit of cake.

How was your January? What’s on the agenda for February? Have a great weekend, friends.

Cheers!

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your blog this month, so many great posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! You just made my day. I hope you're having a wonderful week so far. :)

      Delete