09 January 2015

Currently...



Happy Friday, friends! We made it. We finally made it!

It’s been a while since I’ve let you all know what’s currently going on in my world plus, I’ve seen some of my fellow blog friends post their updates lately so I thought I’d join in. I always enjoy putting these posts together because it gives me a chance to really think about my life in the present, where I’m at and where I want to be moving forward with my goals. I also enjoy reading other blogger’s updates so I think these posts are just fun all the way around.

In January, I’m currently…

Reading...  ‘Her Fearful Symmetry’ by Audrey Niffenegger. I have to admit that so far, I’m struggling with this book. I can’t really put my finger on why {I think it has to do with plot and character development, possibly} but considering Ms. Niffenegger also wrote ‘The Time Traveler’s Wife’, a book I loved, I’m hoping this one will get better soon.

Loving…  Chai tea lattes from the ‘Bucks. I’ve always been a devoted PSL or coffee drinker since God was a child but during our visit to my parent’s home at Christmas, that all changed. We swung through a Starbucks one Saturday morning before going to get pedicures and the Starbucks we went to was out of PSL’s {the HORROR!} So on a whim and at my mother’s urging, I tried the Chai tea latte and now I’m like a druggie looking for my next fix. Thanks mom for making me an addict!


Wearing…  Pants and clothes that are a little too big! My lifestyle changes are paying off and as of today, I’m 17lbs. down. I have a long way to go to reach my goal but it’s a great start so far!

Eating…  Healthier. Well, aside from Christmas. #duh We’ve cut out a lot of eating out and have lightened our meals at home and it seems to be paying off.

Watching…  A lot of House Hunters on HGTV. I love looking into other people’s homes but honestly, House Hunters is great comedy. You get these couples who absolutely do not agree on anything they want in a home and it gets really interesting. Love It or List It is the same.

Wanting…  A trip to the beach. I used to go to the beach every summer and then we moved to Colorado for a few years and the beach trips went away. Now that we live about an hour or two away from the surf and sand {depending on which beach you want to go to} I’m chomping at the bit to get my little pigs in the sand. It will happen this summer!


Making…  A very long to-do list for personal goals and blog ideas. 2015 just feels like a great year to make lots of good things happen for myself and this little space on the Internet, don’t you think?

Feeling…  Tired. During my two week Christmas vacation, I slept in and took a nap pretty much every afternoon. Now that I’m back in the real world, my body isn’t too happy and is going through a period of adjustment. I swear, if I could sleep for a living we’d be millionaires!

Missing…  My grandfather. He passed away a year ago next month and this past Christmas was the first one without him. I miss our talks and quiet time together but it makes me feel better to know he is at peace and no longer suffering.


Looking Forward To…  Planning a long get-a-way weekend with Michael for later in the year. We’re due for a little extended mommy and daddy alone time!

Thinking About…  Donuts. I haven’t allowed myself a single one since I’ve tried to clean up my eating and of course, they are all I can think about!

Listening To…  A lot of classical music lately. It really soothes my mind and inspires me all at the same time. My favorite is Claude Debussy.


So how about you? What is currently happening in your life? Have a great weekend, friends!


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

26 comments:

  1. Down 17lbs?! GO YOU. You breezed over that but hello it's amazing! And I want donuts too... And a margarita. Really just a margarita with a heavy pour. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! In all honesty, I'm trying not to pump it up too much because I don't want to jinx myself haha. Here's to hoping you can have a delicious margarita soon! When is your due date?

      Delete
  2. I'm a Chai Tea lover myself. I think I like them more than the PSL and the new Chesnut Praline thing? It's terrible to me. I thought I would love it, but nope! Congrats on your weight loss success! 17 Lbs. is awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, there is NO WAY I'm going near that praline drink. YUCK. I'm not a big fan of pralines, as you can obviously tell haha. Thanks for the kind and encouraging words!

      Delete
  3. 17 pounds! You're awesome! I'm hoping to be healthier this year too (I always say that). I'm hoping to get a little bit more motivation to work out as soon as breastfeeding is over. Giant sore boobs do not make for easy running. I lost my grandpa this year too. It definitely made the holidays a bit harder. Praying for you. And I'd love to hear your blog goals! I'm hoping to grow my little blog as well and am struggling with what my next move is. I'm clueless about this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! It's been a slow and steady journey but that's the way I wanted it. Crash diets and I don't really get along very well. I'm drafting a post talking about my upcoming goals so I hope to have it published soon!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss! Even if you want to loose more that's a great achievement already.
    I could do with a day at the beach too, it's about an hour away for us and we try to go every few months if we can

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on the weight loss! I don't think I've ever had a chai tea latte and after hearing they're like a drug, maybe I shouldn't start! Love hearing what's new with you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky! Yes, they are soooo good! I would have missed out on a good thing if I hadn't tried it. Give it a whirl! :-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by MacKensey! Have a great week!

      Delete
  7. Chai Tea Lattes sound very good! I love chai tea!
    I used to watch HGTV when I had really bad insomnia. Those people are crazy though spending how much money on those homes!

    That is really awesome you lost that weight! I know how good it feels (I did last year / prior to pregnancy)!

    I will be posting my currently tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm looking forward to checking out your blog.

      Delete
  8. A trip to the beach would be WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy reading these posts. I would LOVE a trip to the beach right now. I LOVED Her Fearful Symmetry. I can't wait to hear how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. I really hope it picks up, which I'm sure it will. I can't imagine that it would be bad. Hope you're having a great week.

      Delete
  10. WOOHOO! You're kicking ass and taking names with your lifestyle change! Keep it up, momma, you're doing awesome! So freaking proud of you!! And honestly, allow yourself a little splurge every now and again. If you don't you'll end up like me (hiding in the pantry stuffing mini powdered donuts in your pie hole, hoping no will notice the powdered sugar mustache that inevitably accumulates…)

    Going to have to give this chai tea thing you speak of a go. Coffee is totally unsettling right now (say it ain't so!), and I'm looking for other ways to get my caffeine fix.

    Have a fab weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend!! I do allow myself a little treat here and there because yes, if I don't, I'll end up in a closet somewhere gorging on ho ho's. #truestory. Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better!! XOXOXO

      Delete
  11. Way to go on the weight loss!!! I have not lost much since having Jack a year ago! I really need to do much better at taking care of myself. I need a beach trip too. I haven't been to the beach since a trip to NC when I was preggo! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristina! I hope you're having a wonderful week!

      Delete
  12. We don't get Starbucks often, but when we do its a veto chai latte with a double shot of espresso and a caramel drizzle! One day I had a barista just make me her favorite drink, and that was it. I haven't been able to order anything else since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The caramel addition sounds fantastic. I will have to try that!

      Delete
  13. That's my new go to drink. So we can have a coffee date now and we'd be twinsies. Yeah... I said that. Lord help me! I've been single parenting so long I've lost my shit.

    ReplyDelete