16 January 2015

Friday Things: Basic Bitchness, Rompers-a-No-No & More



My brain is all over the place this morning and I can’t figure out if it’s because I haven’t seen the sun in about a week now {but seriously, it has been raining and cloudy for 7 days straight as of today…} or if it’s because my body is retaliating against my new lifestyle changes {read: dieting is hard and no fun. Worth it, but no fun}. If anyone knows of a way for me to gorge on pizza without it becoming a permanent fixture on my ass, let me know. Otherwise, let’s keep it moving…


… Speaking of dieting, my weigh-in for this week gave me a 2lb. loss for a total of 20lbs lost to date, and I know I should be happy with that because a loss is a loss and blah blah blah, but I’ll be honest and say that I was really kind of disappointed. I thought for sure I had at least a 4lb loss under my belt. I’ve been working really hard to count every. single. thing. that goes in my mouth {shut up smart asses} and have been tracking literally everything through MyFitnessPal so I expected more. Let’s add in the fact that I feel as if I’m hallucinating seeing tacos and pizza all over the place and it just gets weird really fast. BUT I’m hanging in there and forging ahead because I know the changes I’m making now are worth it…at least they better be. #imissyoumexicanfood

If you’re on MyFitnessPal, let’s connect and help to motivate each other. You can find me at username cmpatterson0604 and if you need a good laugh with regards to dieting, check out my girl Stephanie from Wife Mommy Me post today on her thoughts regardingdiets. You’ll laugh till you hallucinate french fries. #thestruggleisreal

… Let’s talk rompers for a hot second. I get it, I get it – it’s a huge fashion trend. I’m even willing to concede that my child may very well own a few this year but I guess that’s my point: she’s three. What I’m not willing to accept is seeing grown ass women wearing them. Ladies, no. Just no. This is probably the only bit of fashion talk you will ever see on my blog but I had to say it. It just bothers me that much. I know, I know…#firstworldproblems

Moving on…

… This week on the blog, I talked a lot about the importance of having wills as parents. When Michael and I started the process of having our wills drafted, I had no idea there was so much involved in making sure the details of our lives, especially for our child, are taken care of in case we pass. I knew that if I was clueless, other parents might be too so I spent a couple of days this week discussing why it’s so important for parents to have wills and then shared my best tips and advice for making it all happen. If you missed out on either of these posts, simply click on the pictures below and get some knowledge dropped. 

http://shirazinmysippycup.blogspot.com/2015/01/why-you-need-will-immediately-if-youre.html

http://shirazinmysippycup.blogspot.com/2015/01/preparing-your-will-as-parent-tips.html

… This video is probably the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while. It has some language to it so if you’re sensitive to that know this going in but other than that, feel free to find out if you suffer from being abasic bitch.

… Sometimes I feel as if I’m the only woman suffering sadness from college football season being over. Is anyone else on this level? Please tell me I’m not alone and if so, send help. It’s going to be a long few months. #idontgetdownwithnascar

So that’s about it from around these parts. Nothing new and exciting to report. We have absolutely ZERO planned for our long three day weekend and I couldn’t be happier. I foresee some naps, movies and a lot of basic bitchness in my near future. #noshameinmygame

Cheers to the weekend!

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. Stop with the rompers already. I do not see how grown women find this to be a good idea. Kiddos under 7, sure. Anything over 8 - nope. Keep it moving in the thread department.

    {{hand is raised}} Basic bitch, right here.

    I mean, not that I'm counting down the days. Buuuuut…. roughly 3 months till College football spring games, and 232 days till opening day kick off. Again, who's counting??

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words to explain some fashion statements folks are trying to make nowadays. It's just weird and 8/10 times there is camel toe present. Take that shit home.

    I'm not missing college football to badly right now because... well #DUH! O! H! .... I! O!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on the rompers and thought it might just be me being a little sore at the fact that they look hideous on me since Im so short; good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally with you on the rompers. Don't even get them a little bit.

    And what a pain to try and pee. You have to get straight up naked to use the toilet. Psssh no thanks.

    ReplyDelete