23 January 2015

The Best of the Week: A Collection of All Things Amazeballs





I’m so excited to be linking with one of my favorite bloggers, Stephanie, from Wife Mommy Me next Tuesday to take part in her new Mom TalkTuesday link-up series. If you’re looking for a new link-up to join that gives you the freedom to come as you are, this is it. Mom Talk Tuesday’s goal is to connect mothers from all walks of life to get ideas and talk with one another about the challenges of being a parent and how we can all encourage one another to be our best selves in whatever shape or form that might mean to you. Clickhere to get more information and to view the prompts for each week and make plans to join the conversation!


Back in December, I joined a new Facebook group called TheBlogger Life for Life and it has proven to be one of the best decisions I’ve made recently with regards to the health and goals I've set for my blog this year. My blog and social media outlets have all grown in readership and followers and I’ve been able to meet a lot of new, inspiring ladies and blog owners along the way while making some amazing new connections. I’d say that’s a huge win-win. I’ve been a part of many blog groups on Facebook and each time was left feeling disappointed, mainly because there were so many rules and being run like a Nazi prison camp. No thanks. I already have a mom and a boss at work – the job has been filled. With The Blogger Life for Life, I’m able to go at my own pace and contribute on my own terms without a lot of rules and regulations. Everyone in the group is so supportive of each other and it’s just really a very encouraging and inspiring group of ladies. If you’re looking to grow your blog while making positive connections in the process, this is the place you need to be.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/567410580059181/

Speaking of making new connections from this group, one of my favorite new reads is Miranda Writes. Miranda talks about a little bit of everything but the post that caught my attention this was ‘First-time CruisePacking Tips.’ Michael and I have been discussing going on a cruise so I found this article very helpful – thorough, complete and well thought out. With the start of a new year, if you’re planning a cruise vacation, maybe you will find it helpful too.

Another great blog I’ve found through The Blogger Life for Life is Emmy over at Emmy Mom. She, along with some other host bloggers, have a very unique and fun link-up entitled, “Best of the Blogosphere” where bloggers can submit what they feel is there best post for the week (any genre!) and each host picks a favorite “winner” and they debut the winning post on their own blog. It’s great exposure and a way to connect with some really wonderful writers, bloggers and inspiring women. Check it out, follow and link-up next week!

If there is any truth to this article on fat bottom girls, then my daughter should be a freaking genius.

For years, women have been trying to figure out the male species. This 109 year-old woman however could care less and credits her longevity to staying away from men completely. This interview with her is nothing short of hysterical.

So far the dieting track has been treating me well. I’m losing weight and have even dropped a whole pant size! #Bloop! I’m using MyFitnessPal to keep me accountable and motivated and with the help of some pretty amazing ladies (I’m looking at you Wife Mommy Me, No Thanks to Cake and Being Mrs.Beer!) these new lifestyle changes overall have been wonderful. But I’m not gonna lie. Many times a day I find myself dreaming of pizza and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to dunk my whole face in a vat of Queso with guacamole and chips. #thestruggleisreal. 

One of my favorite weight-loss/lifestyle blogs lately has been by Aubrey at ALG Uninterrupted. Aubrey is a keep-it-real about her dieting ups and downs type of gal and I LOVE it. She is honest and up front in showing the highs AND lows of her journey with weight loss which has kept me both amused (she has a great sense of humor), empathetic (because we’ve all been there) and inspired. If you haven’t checked out her blog and are on a weight-loss journey like me, check it out. It will quickly become one of your favorite reads. 

So there it is. My list of the best of the week. What have you found that’s good in your world this week? Happy weekend!

Cheers,

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

14 comments:

  1. Great round up from the week and congrats on being down a pants size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky! I hope you and your family had a wonderful weekend. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Gema! I appreciate you reading. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Awe girl thank you! Feel so honored you gave me a shout out. I just recently joined the Blogger Life page and yes, it is a great place! I am in a few different groups and as you said it is nice that you can go at your own pace with this one. Congrats on the pant size! Something definitely to be proud of

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I really enjoyed it and found some great new blogs to read, too.

      Delete
  4. A whole pant size!!! Get it girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woop, Woop!! Thanks, girl!! Hope you guys had a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. WOW!!! You go girl! Congrats on the weight loss! That's amazing! My husband and I are on the Whole30 right now and he literally told me about 2 dreams he's had (and we're only on day 5) of food that we're not supposed to eat. Too funny!
    Also, we're totally going on a cruise in October so I'm going to bookmark her post for tips! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! I can totally relate to your husband having food dreams. Just last night I had a dream of a delicious taco bar. Le sigh. Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Woot, woot! Good job lady!

    The Blogger Life why have I not heard of this group? checking it out right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! YES! Check it out!! You will love it and the support.

      Delete
  7. So freaking proud of you!! Your lifestyle change sounds like it's going awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! It's been challenging but well worth the effort. I'm happy with the results! Have a fabulous week!!

      Delete