13 February 2015

5 Things I Love About My Love





Happy Friday, friends. Since it's Valentine's Day tomorrow, allow me the chance to brag on the top 5 things I love about my love, Michael.

ONE :: His sense of humor, silliness, and overall disregard for conformity or anything serious. Life is too short and hard enough already to have to go through it with people who can't laugh, make jokes and basically be willing to make fools of themselves from time to time.

No thanks.

Michael keeps me laughing 24|7 and has such a quick wit about him. He's always down to just start randomly dancing anywhere, likes to prank telemarketers when they call and don't even get me started on his impressions. I die. Even more, there is nothing sexier or more endearing than the way he makes Chickie laugh and smile. THE. BEST. 






TWO :: His drive and dedication. My guy has no idea what the phrase "chill out" means. He is the epitome of a go-getter. Aside from being a dad and partner, he has already obtained a degree, an MA and an MFA in Creative Writing {All since Chickie was born I might add}, and is currently working on another MFA for playwriting. He also owns and manages his own media company doing graphic design and magazine layouts and recently just designed a book cover for an author publishing his first book.

WHEW. 

He has volunteered his time and talents on various projects including being Editor-in-Chief of Split Lip Magazine and has taught creative writing classes as well. Are you guys tired just from reading all that??!!

He seriously has his game on point and I love that about him. He pushes me to do my best and he is always striving *for* the best, and just when I think he's done well enough, he's always striving for better. I love and admire his motivation, drive and go-getter attitude!


THREE :: His love for our daughter. A picture is worth a thousand words...



FOUR :: His love for me. I am truly blessed to share my life with a man who loves me regardless of my flaws, what I'm wearing or how I look. Whether I'm all dolled up for a night out or lounging in my yoga pants with the big holes in the thighs, he tells me I'm beautiful and loved. Not to mention that he's an amazing support system for everything I need. He's always involved in mine and Chickie's life and well-being and for that, I am grateful. 



FIVE :: His kindness, thoughtfulness, and generosity for others. Michael is always the first to donate to charities, volunteer his time or will go out of his way to help others. He truly inspires me to be a better woman.


Happy Valentine's Day loves! May you all find love and happiness every day!

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

6 comments:

  1. Loved this! Such a sweet post :) Your husband sounds like an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! He sure sounds like a great guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Beth. He is. I guess I'll keep him. ;-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Eryn! I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog. Have a great weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desiree @ Macke MonologuesFebruary 13, 2015 at 8:33 PM

    You have quite the catch.
    CANNOT WAIT to hear more about this book of Michael's!
    Hope you two have a fabulous Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet list for your man. Have a great Valentines Day together.

    ReplyDelete