10 February 2015

Currently...




It’s February and I’m currently…

Reading...  ‘Her Fearful Symmetry’…still. Honestly, I haven’t made it very far from where I was when I wrote this update last month. It’s just not jiving with me and I foresee it going to the wayside soon. Is anyone reading anything right now that you just absolutely can’t put down? I’d love to hear your suggestions!


Loving… Hot lemon water in the morning. A while back, I read an article about the health benefits of drinking hot lemon water first thing in the morning and while I was skeptical at first, I’m starting to think there may be some truth to it all. Well, it’s either that or a placebo effect. I’ll just go with it’s really doing its job.



Wearing… This teal and pink giraffe scarf that I bought a few months ago from Jane.com for a whopping $7 (that included shipping. Don’t you just LOVE Jane?) My grandfather loved giraffes and the one year anniversary of his death is coming up on the 28th of this month so wearing this makes me feel close to him. I miss him so much every day.



Eating… Too many damn salads. I have to admit that I’ve been struggling to stay on track lately with my weight loss goals however, I keep forging ahead. Damn you, MyFitnessPal.



Watching… Less and less TV. We’ve had the boob tube off a lot in the evenings and I have to admit that I love the peace and quiet in our home, especially after Chickie goes to bed. I even missed Atlanta Housewives on Sunday night. #miraclesdohappen #dontjudge

Wanting… Just one night of full, uninterrupted, completely blissful sleep. We’re back to the nights of Chickie waking up anywhere between 3 – 4 times a night and with two working parents, our days can be long and exhausting. #alltheundereyeconcealer  She is turning 4 in July and I’m praying to GOD that this whole sleep thing finally turns a corner for the better. We haven’t slept in 3 years. How we are even alive and functioning at this point is beyond me.

Making…  A lot of creations with good ol’ sidewalk chalk. Just this past weekend, we spent a good majority of the morning in our driveway creating our own little solar system. It was so much fun to see Chickie’s imagination at work.



Feeling… Inspired by so many amazing women that I’ve had the privilege to come in contact with through blogging over the last month. Blogging has so many benefits but truly, this is one of the best. Keep up the great work, ladies! I’m looking at ALL of you!


Missing… Snow. We lived in Colorado for a few years and it was heaven to have all the snow in winter. Now, I know you people living in New England are probably giving me the stink eye right now, so sorry not sorry. We are cold-loving winter people so living in a climate that doesn’t cater to snow is kind of a bummer.



Looking Forward To… Our date night this Saturday. While most of you will be out all lovie dovey and ooey gooey, we’ll simply be struggling to stay awake long enough to enjoy our dinner (refer back to ‘Wanting’ above) I told Michael that my idea of romance would be him telling me, “Hey baby, I got us a room at the Hampton Inn. Let’s go there and sleep for five or six solid hours...uninterrupted.”  


Thinking About… Tacos. My love for the taco is real and runs deep. All the tacos, all the time.


Listening To… Chase Holfelder. Have you heard of Chase? This guy is amazing. He takes songs that have been written in the major key (happy) and remakes them into the minor key (sadder). It doesn’t hurt that he’s a bit of eye candy too. Check him out here and thank me later.  

So how about you? What is currently going on in your life? 
 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

26 comments:

  1. Read All the Light We Cannot See - just finished it and it's a beautiful story. And don't worry, you're not alone... I also eat salads and think of tacos. Oh, the things we do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that giraffe scarf! I need one for me and one for my giraffe loving bestie. Also, I am so relieved to hear that I am not the only one pining for some snow. We've gotten about 2 inches all winter here in St. Louis and it's making me sad :( I'm a northeastern gal and I love me some snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lemon water, but I'm not a huge fan of warm drinks. Does it have to be hot? Or can you just drink it iced? Other than one show that I'm marathoning through, I have also been watching less TV. I find it be a lot more peaceful. Almost enough to make me cancel cable. Almost. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleep has been lacking at our house lately... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do I even begin with how much I love this post? Snow...I want. That scarf...I want. Tacos...I want. Sleep...I WANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA! The salad meme is hysterical!!! I so feel that way lately! Snow= no more for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Desiree @ Macke MonologuesFebruary 10, 2015 at 4:11 PM

    Just finished The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I could not put it down. For three days my nose was buried in that book. It's a murder/mystery, kind of reminiscent of Gone Girl. If those kind of books are your jam I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend The Girl on the Train!
    Let's talk about this sleep thing. We are up a bazillion times a night (it's probably 3-4, but feels like more), and I'm so over it. Sleep is one of my favorite things to do, and apparently I didn't pass that on to my child.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been drinking a lot of hot lemon water in the mornings too. the past few days i have been adding blackberries too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK Lady you've gotta find a way to make a healthy taco so you can have them more often! You keep talking about tacos all the time! Sleep man mama I really hope you get some soon. And so does chickie she's gotta need it too! I have snow and I too miss CO snow... why? because it doesn't stay forever and the sun comes out. I really miss CO this time of year... but come July and it's like 90 degrees there I won't miss it a bit haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Currently posts have to be some of my favorites.

    I have heard the whole hot lemon water thing before... just not sure I could do it.

    Have fun on your date night you crazy kids :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving these currently posts! I need to start doing them! I just finished, The Husbands Secret. Read it in like 4 days, I loved it and would highly recommend it! I am wishing that I could share my snow with you, we have had more than 6 feet of snow this winter so far and we still have a few months of possible snow left...uuuughhh! Have a great date!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will have to put that book on my list. It sounds good. Send me all your snow - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them, too. It's interesting to see what's going on with everyone. Give the lemon water a try just once. I've been able to tell a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! You're right. I do need a healthy taco alternative. Chickie slept good last night so I'm hoping this streak continues. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that sounds delicious. I will have to try that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh, definitely putting that book on the list. And sleep? What's that??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so sorry Lisa! I hope that changes for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks! I think it tastes great but I LOVE lemon flavored anything. It's also very soothing. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, thanks girl! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Send your snow my way, please! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha! Thanks, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You too! I hope you get some good shut eye soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know, I have no idea. I would think lemon is lemon and works the same whether it's hot or cold but I just don't know. And yes - we're still hanging onto our satellite because...well...we will eventually watch it I'm sure. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. Give me all the snow, all the time! Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That sounds like a good book. I'll add it to my list. Thanks, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The making your own dressing thing sounds interesting! What dressings do you make? I'd love to know. Any recipes to share?

    ReplyDelete