31 March 2015

It's the Little Things: Beach Baby, Beach Baby!



Admit it. Now you’re singing the song Beach Baby by First Class, aren’t you?

This past weekend was a great one. My parents came into town on Friday and on Saturday, we brushed off the dust, pollen and winter of Statesboro and headed to Hilton Head Island for a day at the beach. Family friends of ours own a condo at Hilton Head so it was the perfect opportunity to get out of town and let the therapy of the waves and salt water take over. 

It was also Chickie’s first time seeing the ocean and she absolutely loved it. 

{"Mommy, there's water in my crack!" she squealed as this picture was taken}


Our day was spent walking the beach collecting shells and playing in the ocean, strolling and shopping in the quaint stores of Coligny, enjoying some ice cream and finishing off the day with an amazing seafood dinner at The Crazy Crab. Two things you should know about me if we are to be friends: 1. I LOVE the beach and 2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE oysters on the half shell. I was able to indulge in both coupled with a nice cold beer and well, it was paradise.

It’s truly the little things in life that make me so happy. 



The weather was absolutely gorgeous; sunny, cool breeze and warm sand in-between my toes. We spent the whole day going at our own pace and not once did I look at my watch. It was paradise. I also had a chance to step back and watch my two lovies play together and folks, I don't know if it gets any better watching the man you love, love and adore your child.

 
 

Truly a beautiful day.




While you’re here, check out one of my favorite reads, GreenLoving Girl

http://www.greenlovinggirl.com/









Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

15 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so incredibly cute!! I love how happy she looks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and beautiful weekend! I'm so looking forward to taking Wyatt to the beach for the first time this summer! I don't know how he'll handle the water, but I know he's going to LOVE the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous you have gone to the beach! It's barely gotten to 50 degrees over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney PattersonMarch 31, 2015 at 8:00 PM

    I have to admit - it was pretty wonderful! Hope you get some warmer weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney PattersonMarch 31, 2015 at 8:00 PM

    Thanks for reading, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courtney PattersonMarch 31, 2015 at 8:00 PM

    Having kids at the beach is so much fun! Hope you get there soon. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney PattersonMarch 31, 2015 at 8:01 PM

    Thanks, Sarah and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Desiree @ Macke MonologuesApril 1, 2015 at 12:00 AM

    Absolute perfection.
    This whole post had me smiling. I'm so happy you had the best of times. The beach is such a therapeutic place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaahhhh so jealous! It looks like you had an absolutely perfect day at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome day! Looks like absolute perfection! (Minus the oysters- not a seafood fan :) So nice that you're not that far from the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Courtney PattersonApril 2, 2015 at 11:19 AM

    Thanks! It is very nice and we don't go as much as we should. I think we'll need to change that now that little miss is a fan! ;-) Thanks for reading - I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Courtney PattersonApril 2, 2015 at 11:19 AM

    It was gorgeous! I can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Courtney PattersonApril 2, 2015 at 11:20 AM

    Isn't it? There is something so soothing about listening to the waves and just letting the thoughts in your mind sail out sea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are going to Gulfport, MS this summer and it will be the second time Connor has been to the ocean but the first time that he will get to play and explore. I can't wait... I hope he gets water in his crack, too!

    ReplyDelete