25 March 2015

My Favorite Home Movies





Completely off topic segway: I just love this graphic, don’t you? It’s completely vintage with a touch of modern.  Love the colors, the font – love it, love it, love it. 

Moving on…

Over the years, we’ve collected a lot of videos of our life with Chickie. Starting from the newborn days up to today, we have an assorted collection of funny and everyday life videos, some of which are milestones, that I thought would be fun to share with my blog family today. 

Kick back, relax and get a glimpse into our crazy little world of weird, fun and the everyday. Enjoy!

ONE :: Maddy takes her first steps. When we lived in Roanoke VA, Chickie was in a home school day care and I LOVED her teacher, Ms. Annie. Annie was great about taking videos and pictures and sending them to me during the day while I was at work. She was able to catch Maddy’s first steps and share it with me since I wasn’t able to be there. Definitely a very cool moment.


TWO :: Maddy & daddy chase each other. One of Chickie’s favorite things in the world is being chased so to see her playing like this with Michael just about makes my heart explode. GAH.


THREE :: Bust a move! When we first moved to Statesboro, we hadn’t completely unpacked yet so we ate out one night at the Olive Garden. Oddly enough, they were playing Mellencamp’s ‘Cherry Bomb’ and Maddy decided that she was going to bust a move right there in front of the Olive Garden. Daddy even joined in on the fun and yes, we are those people who will just start dancing in random places – the car, in a store, in the park. You name it, we’ll dance there.


FOUR :: You are my sunshine. One of the first songs Chickie learned to sing all the way through was ‘You Are My Sunshine.’ One weekend after I woke up from a nap, she came in to sing it to me and again, my heart nearly exploded.


FIVE :: Maddy’s Italian lesson. This video makes me laugh in all kinds of ways. First, it just shows what an average night during bath time looks like in our house but it’s just fun…and it makes me smile. To see the light in my child’s eyes and the funny that comes from her mouth makes my heart – you guessed it – explode.


SIX :: Swinging on a Sunday afternoon. This video was taken two years ago during a time when Chickie LOOOOOVED the swings. She still loves the swings but the pure joy and laughs in this video are just amazing. I still can’t believe she was ever this young!


What about you? What’s your favorite home movie that you love to watch over and over again? 

If you'd like to follow along in all of our little antics, shenanigans and life adventures, feel free to follow our YouTube channel

Have a beautiful day, friends.  

http://www.greenlovinggirl.com/
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. Hi - i'm a new follower! I have a little girl named Maddy too...lol - her real name is Madyson, she's 8 - you can see my blog here: http://stacys101list.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom was a SAHM when we were little and was constantly taking home videos. I have always loved watching them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot the one of Michael sharing his fart with me ;)

    ReplyDelete