10 April 2015

Currently: Eating Fungus & Looking Forward to Winter




It’s April and I’m currently…

Reading...  Just like every other blogger out there, I’m reading ‘The Fringe Hours’ and I haven’t decided if I really like this book or not. Honestly, I went into it with great expectations because of all the hype I had heard and read about it but truthfully? I’ve felt very underwhelmed by this book. I don’t think the author is sharing any advice or information that the average person with good God-given common sense couldn’t figure out on their own. Having said that, there are a few interesting thoughts in the book so I’ll finish it out to the bitter end.


Loving… Letting my hair go au natural. My hair is naturally curly and for years, I’ve gone through the exhausting and time consuming ritual of blow drying it straight and then using my straightening iron to smooth out the kinks, but lately? No more. Ain’t nobody got time for that. I’ve been letting it air dry using a great hair gel and BOOM. Done.


Wearing… A little sundress I haven’t been able to comfortably fit into now for a couple of years. Sadly, my Mexican food love affair has had to take a back seat to healthier choices in order to accomplish this but it feels good and it’s worth it.


Eating… Shrooms, shrooms and more shrooms! I love mushrooms. They are so versatile and really, who doesn’t love a fungus grown in manure? My favorite recipe of late of roasted shrooms has been a go to on busy nights during the week because it’s so fast and easy to prepare but I couple of weekends ago, I made some stuffed mushrooms courtesy of this AMAZING recipe by Kassandraat Little Dekoning’s. Simply delicious! 




Watching… Mad Men! The final series installment started this past Sunday and I’m so sad to see it going off the air. I’ve watched it from the beginning and have really grown to love this show. It’s one of the very few things I even take the time to watch anymore on TV.


Wanting… A nice long beach vacation. A couple of weekends ago, our family took a day trip to Hilton Head and it was AH.MAZ.ING. but now, it has me longing for a true, week long excursion to the beach complete with lots of sitting-on-my-pasty-white-ass beach time, corn hole on the beach with a few drinks and playing in the sand with my Chickie.



Making… More time to put the phone down, ignore all the emails and let the house get a little bit dirtier so that I can have time to be with these two. Totally worth it.



Feeling… This picture sums it up nicely.



Excited About… Launching my business, Bluemont Media! As if I didn’t already have enough on my plate, I decided to follow a dream of mine and officially start my own social media | PR | marketing consulting business. It’s going great so far and I’m really excited to see what the future holds for Bluemont.


Looking Forward To… Winter. Yes, I am fully aware that spring just sprung and summer is right around the corner but here’s something you should know about me: I hate hate hate summer. There’s nothing worse than boob sweat and bugs. No thanks. I’m a fall/winter gal through and through.


Thinking About… Tacos. My love for the taco is real and runs deep. All the tacos, all the time.


Listening To… Christmas music. Don’t judge. It makes me happy.


So how about you? What is currently going on in your life?
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, Mad Men! I absolutely love that show and I'm heartbroken that it's almost over! Also, congratulations on the business. That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you read Tom & Lorenzo's weekly "Mad Style"? If you haven't seen this (I think I found it last year), is a must-read. It's so interesting and provides so much insight into the show. Sometimes I read the 900 comments too. Seriously, and this is coming from someone who is really not interested in fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the natural hair! I let mine air-dry a lot and I add a texturizing sea salt spray (Not Your Mothers) and I love it that way. I just started watching Mad Men on Netflix. I'm about halfway through season 2. A little late to that party, but now I have a lot to binge watch. I have always wanted to go to Hilton Head or the Outer Banks. I bet it was beautiful. Have a great week (and congrats on launching your business)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh... boob sweat is the absolute worst. Thanks for the reminder. #not


    And WHYYY do you always make me want tacos?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum... I love mushrooms too! Especially with pasta...
    and now I'm hungry, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this update :) You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah summer and sweat - ugh! I love spring and fall.. winter is cool for about 5 seconds (like after christmas it could just be spring). Yay for curly hair! woohoo!!! Also fitting into an old dress -- awsome! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's your secret weapon to your cute hair?! My hair is naturally kinda wavy/curly and I love it when it's wet but haven't found the perfect product to make it stay looking like that... so I dry it and straighten it since that's all I know how to do! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Desiree @ Macke MonologuesApril 14, 2015 at 1:07 AM

    What hair gel do you use? I've been on the hunt for years (literally, YEASRS) to find something that works well with my mess of a mane.
    Ohhhh, those mushrooms. YUM! Scott hates, hates, hates, mushrooms so it's incredibly rare that I get/prep/eat them. Such a pity.
    Exhaustipated - Bahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tacos, tacos and more tacos. You and me both! My love runs deep. Mushroom tacos, perhaps? And I'm looking forward to beach days too! I can't wait to take Mac to the beach again soon. He's really going to love it this year.

    ReplyDelete