11 May 2015

Currently...




It’s May and I’m currently…


Reading...  Nothing. No books, no blogs, nada. I’ve really embraced being a lazy bum in the evenings (aka falling asleep on the sofa at 8 p.m.) so if you haven’t seen me stalking your blog as I normally do, this is why…because I’m old as dirt.


Loving… Pantene’s dry shampoo. Going along the lines of lazy above, this product has single-handedly  allowed me to cut back on having to put forth any effort whatsoeve to wash my hair on a regular basis. It’s amazing. I’m able to go longer in-between washes during my busy working mom week and the smell of the product is fresh and clean plus, it doesn’t leave any residue or powder behind like other dry shampoo products I’ve used. Seriously, if you use these types of products, hit your head up with this stuff. It will thank you and you can thank me later. 


Wearing… Sundresses! As you all well know by now, I’m not a fan of summer (just say no to boob sweat!) BUT I do love being able to wear sundresses and sandals. It’s just a simple, classic combination that I adore plus, the kiddo LOVES dresses this time of year so getting her ready in the morning is a whole lot more fun than during the winter months #meltdowns #hatespants 



Eating… Not so well. I’m not going to lie…I’ve fallen off the wagon a tinsey bit. Okay, a little bit. Okay, okay A LOT but I’m trying super super hard to reel it in and get back on track. It’s so hard, you guys. The Mexican food and wine calls to me…


Watching… My little girl grow up so fast and so much right before my eyes. Just the other day she asked me, “Momma, when I get bigger, can I drink wine?” After I nearly passed out from laughter, I realized how soon that day will actually be here and it made me feel like I needed to spend the rest of my life keeping my eyes propped open with toothpicks so I wouldn’t blink.


Making… Tacos tonight for dinner. I will be thinking about this all. day. long.


Excited About… Being Weave Made Media’s blogger of the week this week! Between the member newsletter that goes out today and the social media plugs all week, I’m hoping this will be the boost I’ve been looking for with regards to my blog. Excited!


Looking Forward To… Going to the beach on Memorial Day weekend! 



Thinking About… What to do for Chickie’s Birthday in July. The last two years we’ve made the trek to Chuck E. Cheeses but I’m thinking that this year we need to switch it up a bit because let’s be honest: the 3 beer max at Cheeses is a joke if they expect you to survive that shit.


Wanting… Some professional pictures made of our family. This has been on my mind now for a while but actually making it happen hasn’t happened. It’s just SO expensive but I know it’s a great investment since these are pictures that we’ll keep forever, but still… Clearly I picked the wrong way to earn a living because some of these photographers are making bank. #chaching


What’s currently going on in your world? I’d love to know! 

http://www.greenlovinggirl.com/

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

16 comments:

  1. I love that dress she is in! Congrats on being the featured blogger for Weave Made Media!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls live in sun dresses starting now. Congratulations on the Weave Media blogger feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura Powell-CorbettMay 11, 2015 at 1:00 PM

    Well done and good luck with the weave media piece! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristina GarganoMay 11, 2015 at 3:59 PM

    I'm looking forward so some really great beach days. I'm all about the summer dresses just i'm right there with ya. Boob sweat...no thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desiree @ Macke MonologuesMay 11, 2015 at 6:21 PM

    Pantene's dry shampoo is THE BOMB! I don't know how I survived without it before. I use that stuff more than I actually wash my hair.
    THAT DRESS Chickie is in - all the heart-eye emojis inserted >HERE<!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mexican food and wine calls me too! The struggle is real...Btw- you're daughter is too adorable in that sundress! How do you even stand it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh I'm falling off the wagon too! In the summer, I have no self control!! Love chickie's sundress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely get a family picture taken! But of course I would say that ;) And trust me, by the time you add up the hours of editing, etc. the amount photographers are making really isn't that great. I am so looking forward to summer, ours technically starts next week! Crazy. Love this post- might have to copy the idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Courtney PattersonMay 15, 2015 at 11:56 AM

    Thanks, Emmy. Yeah, I just need to bite the bullet and do it. I know I'll be so happy with the finished product...I just HATE spending money, lol. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Courtney PattersonMay 15, 2015 at 11:57 AM

    Thank you! She loved it too. So much in fact that she wore it all weekend. Works for me! One less thing to have to wash ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Courtney PattersonMay 15, 2015 at 11:59 AM

    Barely. I barely stand it. I usually want to eat her up!! Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Courtney PattersonMay 15, 2015 at 11:59 AM

    Thanks, girl!! It is seriously the best stuff ever although, Michael did as me the other night if I planned on washing my hair anytime soon. Silly men.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Courtney PattersonMay 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM

    Thanks, Kristina and thanks for reading! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Courtney PattersonMay 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM

    Thanks Laura! I appreciate you reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Courtney PattersonMay 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM

    Thanks Linda and thank you for reading! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Courtney PattersonMay 15, 2015 at 12:01 PM

    Thanks so much! Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete