26 June 2015

Meet Justine from Little Dove Creations : Just So You Know...


To all of Courtney's loyal readers, I say hey! My name is Justine and I blog over at Little Dove Creations; so if DIY, recipes, and a little bit of lifestyle thrown in is your thing, I'd love for you to stop by sometime! My husband and I have been married for eight years, and I am a stay at home mom to #3under6 (soon to be #4under6!!) with a BA in Liberal Studies. Someday when my kids are older I plan to teach, but for now I find that my little ones are teaching me plenty. ;)




To my fellow store patron,



I realize that in a country where the average family consists of 3.13 people I'm a bit of an anomaly. Three young children, and at the stage where I'm obviously pregnant with another one... I get it. I do.



However, just so you know, your seemingly lighthearted comment of, "You're brave" in the parking lot as I'm trying to wrangle all three of my children into a single shopping cart just comes off as condescending. I'm not brave for running errands with my children, I'm just out of milk.





I saw you continue to glance at me throughout our shopping trip. You observed me counting down from three, numerous times. You heard me incentivize my children with the promise of treats afterwards. You saw my 16 month old attempting to yank all breakables from the shelf, and my three year old (unknowingly) trying to shoplift a bag of candy. You witnessed me temporarily "lose" my five year old, and heard me raise my voice more and more as time wore on.



You've probably raised some children of your own. You probably feel like I'm doing several things wrong and you could certainly teach me a thing or two. You likely feel that the way that you would handle things would be much better. Just so you know, you're probably right.



For your kids.



For the child or children that you were given, you are the perfect parent. For your kids you had all the answers, and if you didn't, you eventually discovered them through trial and error. Or you didn't, and things turned out just fine.



Or maybe you're just wondering why I keep having kids. I've seen the thought flash in people's eyes before, "Doesn't she know how that happens?! She can't even handle the ones she has now." But what you don't know is that my kids have already been out running errands with me for hours. Or that my daughter has an earache, again. Or that my son (and I) are both "hangry". Or that my youngest is way past due for her nap.



What you don't know is that I too am the best parent for my children, what you don't know is how loved they are. What you don't see is the laughter, the stories, the songs, the hugs, the snuggles.





Just so you know, what you are witness to right now, is a very small snippet of our day.



Just so you know I am thankful and I feel so blessed.



And just so you know, you should mind your own business; don't you have more important things to worry about? I know I do.



Sincerely,


One tired, busy, blessed momma


Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon Willett KetchumJune 26, 2015 at 2:47 PM

    It's no one's place to judge another. Your kids are lucky to have a mom that loves them so much and isn't afraid to say it, write it, and post it for the whole world to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing brings out the judgy-eyes like ornery kids in a public place. Fun post to read for this mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love! Sharing :)))
    Hangry is real and people need to back down when emotions are running wild ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I popped over to read the rest :) You have a gorgeous little family, your children are loved and well cared for - people need to mind their own business! I only have 2 kids, and I already get those looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The grocery store is such a battlefield. One kid or 4 kids, I'm pretty sure all parents are just trying to make it through that errand with the least amount of casualties possible. Hopefully there are more supportive people than judgmental ones, but a lot of times the negative people are the also the loudest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with that Nina, it does seem like the negative people, or most opinionated, are often the most likely to say something to you. :) I do get lots of sweet comments from people too, but the negative ones really wear on you after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, thanks Holly. :) Hangry is most definitely real, and dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the good work! Im glad that you know and gave confidence in your parenting. You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete