01 July 2015

Currently...

Shiraz In My Sippy Cup : Currently in July...


It’s July and I’m currently…


Reading...  Lots and lots of job descriptions. The majority of my days are spent reading through endless amounts of employment sites, LinkedIn, cover letters and everything job related. It’s exhausting and I will be happy when someone just hires me already.


Loving… Our new home. We left a house in Georgia that we absolutely LOVED so I was worried that I might not feel the same way about our new digs or have a hard time adjusting but I have to admit, I love our house. As soon as we have it completely unpacked and decorated, I’ll be sharing lots of pictures.


Wearing…  More fall clothes than summer. The weather since we arrived in Pittsburgh has been amazing although, it has felt more like fall than summer. I’m not complaining one bit! I’ll take a cool breeze over boob sweat any day.


Eating… Not gonna lie: currently, I have my face affixed to the side of a Pillsbury Creamy Supreme vanilla frosting can and I make no apologies. #straightgangsta


Watching… A lot of HGTV. Hi, my name is Courtney and I’m a House Hunters addict. I admit that I totally love looking into other peoples’ homes {in a non-creeper kind of way} and looking at floor plans and getting decorating ideas. It’s also pretty funny to watch all these couples who don’t agree on shit try to find and buy a home.


Making… Chickie’s baby room into a big girl room! Chickie got upgraded to big girl status during this move by getting her big girl bed so now mommy is chomping at the bit to make her room into something spectacular. Needless to say, the fact that IKEA and Super Target being close to our home could either be considered a blessing or the devil in disguise. We shall see…


Excited About… Exploring our new city! Pittsburgh is an amazing place to raise a family and there is so much to do here: zoos, aquariums, an amazing and robust restaurant scene, concerts, sports – I can’t wait to dive in and experience it all. I’m also excited about the fact that my girl Stephanie from Wife Mommy Me is now only 4 hours away from us so I foresee a ton of shenanigans in my future.


Looking Forward To… Celebrating Chickie’s birthday this month! I’ll be “that mom” for a hot second and whip out the stereotypical “I can’t believe my baby is going to be 4 this month!” But really, I can’t. If I think about her birthdays in 4 year increments, there are only 3 sets of 4 left until she is 16. SIXTEEN. #mindblown These first four years have already flown by so fast so I know it will be here in the blink of an eye.


Thinking About… Christmas. As of today, it’s only 5 months away! Granted, I listen to Christmas music all year long but there is something so special about the holiday season that you only get to experience once a year and I’m so ready to be in that place.


Feeling… Unsettled. While we have a good majority of our home unpacked, the guest room still has boxes in it and we’re all still trying to find our “new normal.” I’ll be happier once we get settled into our routine and have a firm grasp on how to get around our neighborhood and Pittsburgh. I know this will come with time and there is an adjustment period but waiting has never been my strong suit.


What’s currently going on in your world? I’d love to know! 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

5 comments:

  1. I KNEW KNEW KNEW you would love it. Change is scary and moving away to a new place on top of change can be even scarier but I'm so happy you are lovin' it. You'll find your groove so and before you know, you and I will be doing #basicwhitegirlthings TOGETHER and life will then be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine you're feeling unsettled. There was a study that said the two most life disrupting things are a death in the family and moving, can you believe that moving is nearly as traumatic as a death in the family? CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I totally died laughing when you said boob sweat. And I totally agree, I would take a cool breeze right now! I'm glad you're liking your new home and can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo jealous that you're experiencing fall(ish) weather. I'm down here in GA and fall looks very, very, very far away! Also, that in-between part of moving is the worst! Hoping you can feel a little more settled quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 feels like the oldest birthday ever. *tear* of course now I'm staring down 5- which is even sadder!

    Lol about the frosting

    Hi my name is Courtney also and I can't stop with the hgtv house shows either

    ReplyDelete