03 July 2015

The Best of the Week



ONE :: Insta-Life Lately

Since our move to Pittsburgh, I’ve been quieter than usual on all my social media feeds but now that we’re moved into our new home, I’m slowly but surely getting my blog/social media groove back. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll see that we’ve had some pretty funny and sweet moments captured lately…

{When you have to break out Chris Pratt at the park}

{Spending all day in your Frozen bathing suit...}

{That daddy/daughter love, tho...}

{Taking a break from packing with a chick flick}


TWO :: The Blog Life

On the blog this week, I talked about my struggles going from being a full time working mom to being home with Chickie 24/7 and while I know this arrangement is only temporary, it has still been very challenging. I received a lot of amazing and supportive feedback from this post: When Being a Mom Makes You Feel Mean – 6 Ways to Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself…And Your Child.

If you’ve ever made such a huge transition in your life or currently struggling with some not so nice feelings towards motherhood, give this post a read. You will find encouragement and support.

Also, speaking of support…

I want to take a moment to thank a few of my fellow bloggers for helping me to keep this little space of mine running while we were in the process of moving. I really could not have kept this blog going without their help so THANK YOU amazing blog friends! Please take a moment to check out these guest posts and show these ladies some love:



THREE :: New Places, New Spaces

When we found out we were moving, it gave us a chance to do some major cleaning out of old items, junk and things we really weren’t using anymore or didn’t want or need. One of those things was our old kitchen table. It was a HUGE monstrocity of furniture but more so, it was way heavy to have to load and unload and it was so beaten up and old so to the curbside it went. As soon as we arrived in Pittsburgh, we went shopping for a new set and found this gorgeous high top table and chairs…



I LOVE it and am now ready to hit up Home Goods or IKEA for new centerpiece decorations.


FOUR :: Jurassic World

Michael and I were able to sneak in this movie before we left Georgia and I loved it. Honestly, I was hesitant to pay good money to see it because, hello, sequels usually suck but it was awesome. The plot, storyline, graphics and action were all that and a bag of chips. If you’re considering a movie date night with your lovie, go see this movie! #thankmelater


FIVE :: It’s {Almost} Football Time in Tennessee!

The only great thing about July, aside from it being Chickie’s birthday month, is the fact that we’re one month closer to college football season! This week, the Vols revealed their 2015 unis from Nike and they are so, so dope. Wearing these unis will only make our wins that much sweeter. Top 3 ranking in the SEC along with a top 5 national recruiting class is no joke, y’all. I’m excited for this season!! GO VOLS!!




So how about you? How was your week?
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy. Good luck with the transition to your new house and to your new role of being at home full time. Happy 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that table is really pretty! We inherited a 6 chairs from my sister and I reupholstered them! I'm crossing my fingers that we can eventually upgrade to a farm style table, but I'm enjoying the one we have for now :) Hope the transition to the new place goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kitchen table. I'm glad no one was harmed in the processes of finding one ;)

    ReplyDelete