16 November 2015

Currently...



It’s been about a hot second since I’ve done a currently post and if I’m being honest, they are my favorite to write and read from other bloggers so I thought I’d take some time today to talk about what’s been going on around these parts currently:

 

READING: Hands Free Mama by Rachel Macy Stafford. A while back, my girl Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me gave me this book as part of a very thoughtful gift package and I’m just now getting around to picking it up and giving it a whirl. I’m enjoying it! I’ve always enjoyed Rachel’s blog posts so it’s interesting to read her take on disconnecting, slowing down and enjoying moments instead of letting them pass by.

 

CELEBRATING: My first article published on The Huffington Post! Last week after picking up Maddy from day care, I decided to check my email before making the 30 minute trek home in Pittsburgh traffic (completely negating the above hands free initiative) and had an email waiting on me that blew my mind. An editor from HuffPost had found my blog and offered me the opportunity to become a contributing writer for their site! Needless to say, mind blown! It has been an amazing last few days since the post was published and I’m enjoying every second of it. I’ve worked hard on this little space of mine over the last couple of years so I feel zero guilt in tooting my own horn a little bit and celebrating!

 

ENJOYING: Spending time with new friends. I’ve found as I’ve gotten older that making friends, especially quality mom friends, is HARD and truth be told, at my ripe ol’ age of 39, I’m simply unwilling to deal with a lot of the drama that goes along with other women. No thanks. Having said this, I’ve been so fortunate to befriend a few great girlfriends over the last few months and it has been such a blessing to me. Anyone who ever said, “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend” never had a great friend. Find one, and they are worth their weight in gold.

 

PLANNING: Everything Christmas! Christmas travel, Christmas gifts, Christmas decorating, Christmas cooking and baking – All things Christmas!

 

LOVING: Watching Maddy’s relationship with her father grow. From the moment a woman finds out she’s having a girl, she imagines all the amazing things her daughter will do with her father. Last week, I checked one of those things off my daddy/daughter list: Maddy dancing on daddy’s feet. I died.



EATING: Lots and lots of soup. When the weather turns cold, I immediately pull out the crock pot and my Le Creuset Dutch oven and live off of soup for days and days on end. There is absolutely nothing better than a hot, cheesy grilled cheese coupled with a warm bowl of homemade soup.

 
 

TAKING IN: The beauty of fall.




REMINISCING: On my weekend in Rocky Top. Back in October, I along with my mom and two sisters attended the Georgia vs. Tennessee game in Knoxville and to say it was an amazing weekend would be a HUGE understatement. For starters, we beat Georgia (yassssss) but mostly, I was home. Say what you want but there is no better place to be on a Saturday during college football season than in Neyland Stadium surrounded by 102,455 of your closest friends cheering the Vols on to victory.

 
 
 

NOTICING: A drop off of IG friends. I’m always interested in what makes a person drop someone from IG. It’s such a fickle platform. What makes you hit the unfollow button?

 

LISTENING: To Christmas music. Duh!

 

THINKING: That next year, my daughter will be five. FIVE. How in the hell does this happen?!

 

WANTING: To see the new Star Wars movie SO BAD.

 

APPRECIATING: Michael. Life is hard. I mean like, fucking HARD. Most days, who really wants to adult, you know? On Saturday, I had to work and as it turned out, I invited a friend over for dinner that same evening. I was stressing big time on how I was going to work, clean up the house and at the very least, make Casa de Crazy look halfway presentable. Michael was on top of it. When I came home from work, all the laundry was done, all the rooms were clean and all the dishes were done but it’s not just this one day that I appreciate. Michael steps up to the plate every day in our relationship and as a father and for that, I’m so very thankful. He’s always up to help with anything and to go the extra mile for our family. Love you, babe! 

So, what’s currently going on in your world?
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment